Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8800 - Asterisk problem

chris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

I've been setting up a system using 6xSPA942, 5xSPA8000 and 1xSPA8800. There is no actual VOIP outgoing or incoming. This is essentially a stand-alone training system, however I do need for people to be ableto dial out using the FXO lines on the SPA8800 (UK lines). I have everything else working just fine, but I've hit an impass with the FXO lines. I've followed the guide as best I can, but it seems as if there is a problem between the Asterisk server and the SPA8800 (although the 4 FXS lines work just fine).

Symptoms:

Dial In:- I ring in and from the SPA8800 configuration utility I can see that the line is ringing. However it seems to answer the line after the apropriate wait time and then dump it.

Dial Out:- I ring out from an extension and the Asterisk server tells me it tries, but then gives:

SIP/Line1-00000033 is circuit busy

Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/1/0)

Salient parts of the .conf files are as follows (numbers changed to protect the innocent):

sip.conf

[general]
context=default
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0

;GATEWAY 1

[Line1]
type=friend
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=Line1
secret=mybuddy1

extensions.conf

[All]

exten => 01234123456,1,Dial(SIP/901234123456@Line1,60,r)
exten => 01234123456,n,Hangup()

[Line1]
exten => 376,1,Dial(SIP/376,60,rt)
include => All

SPA8800 config is as per the "Configuring the Cisco SPA8800 IP Telephony Gateway in an Asterisk Environment" document, with the following changes

Use Auth ID:- Yes

Auth ID:- Line1

I'm sure I'm missing something really fundamental here, but I've really run out of ideas now, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

4 Replies 4

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Chris;

I forwarded this to a colleague who should be able to give you a hand, stay tuned for his answer.

Regards
Alberto

Many Thanks

Hi Chris,

I'm currently on business travel. I'll be back in the office on Feb 11th and will then modify my Asterisk lab system to be similar to yours and see if I can help.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Did you have any luck with this Patrick?

This problem remains unsolved. The system is now installed at the customer's site, but it's only a matter of time before they ask me for outgoing calls (it's a training system, so it's mostly internal calls only)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: