cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Dial 0 to Recept. for 3 different offices in one CUCM

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM 6.1.1 that is being used for 3 different offices.  Each Office has each own reception.  I just got a request so when the users dial 0, it will go to the respective office.  Our vendor that installed the CUCM has created for 2 of the offices.  I need another one since we just add this office joining the CUCM.  I looked at the CUCM configuration that we have for the 2 offices that already setup and come up with this, please let me know if I do it wrong or what should have it done.  Thank you

1.     1.  Create a new “Calling Search Space” for this new office, example: Texas_Internal

2.      2. Create a new “Partition”, example: Texas_Local

3.      3. Create a new “Device Pool”, example: Texas_Phones

a.       CSS for this device = Texas_Internal

4.      4. Create a new “Translation Patterns”

a.       Translation Pattern = 0

b.      Partition = Texas_Local

c.       Calling Search Space = Texas_Local

d.      Called Party Transform Mask = 6000 (reception Extension number for this new office)

5.      5. Assigning a new phone with

a.       Device Pool = Texas_Phones

Is there anything that I miss or is there any other way to do this?

Thank you for your help

sienz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would recommend, for your own sanity and for clearer documentation, to include what kind of thing it is to the name.  For example, every partition I create ends in _PT and every calling search space ends with _CSS.  Because Texas_Local_PT is not the same as Texas_Local_CSS, and there is not a 1-to-1 relationship, either.  Let me explain.

Phones that are assigned the Texas_Internal_CSS should only be able to dial numbers in the Texas_Internal_PT.  Therefore, only the Texas_Internal_PT should be listed within the Texas_Internal_CSS.

Phones that are assigned the Texas_Local_CSS should only be able to dial numbers in the Texas_Internal_PT and the Texas_Local_PT.  Therefore, both partitions should be listed in the Texas_Local_CSS.

Phones that are in the Texas_LD_CSS should be able to dial numbers in the Texas_Internal_PT, the Texas_Local_PT and the Texas_LD_PT.  So all three partitions should be in the Texas_LD_CSS.

The key is that Partitions help you define logical groups of extensions, route patterns, and translations patterns that can be dialed.  Calling Search Spaces grant permission to a device to call those groups.

Hope this helps,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

A couple things...  Typically I create the CSS after I create the Partition because you need to specify the Partition in the CSS.  Do you have Texas_Internal partition listed in the Texas_Internal CSS?

Second, you looks like you are saying that you specified the CSS in the Device Pool.  The Device CSS cannot be set inside the Device Pool.  There is a CSS option there, but it is only for the Auto-registration feature or Device Mobility.  The CSS needs to be configured on the Device itself and/or on the Directory Number.

Check those two things and let us know...

Chris

Hi Chris, Thank you for your response

I have completed about 75% i think.

I have to created Texas_Internal, Texas_local, Texas_longdistance, Texas_International.

fyi, The Texas_International contains Texas_Internal, Texas_local, Texas_longdistance, internal and VMport

In our translation pattern 0 for this texas office,

• Translation Pattern = 0
  • Partition = Texas_Local
  • Calling Search Space = texas_Local
  • Called Party Transform Mask = 6000

I assigned the phone CSS to Texas_International so it is dialing the Texas 0 translation pattern when this phone dial 0 and it is working.

My problem,

After creating Texas_Internal, Texas_local, Texas_longdistance, Texas_International,

How can i tell the system

Texas_local can dial local number

Texas_longdistance can dial long distance number

Texas_International can dial international number

It is currently only can dial internal number.

Thanks

sienz

I would recommend, for your own sanity and for clearer documentation, to include what kind of thing it is to the name.  For example, every partition I create ends in _PT and every calling search space ends with _CSS.  Because Texas_Local_PT is not the same as Texas_Local_CSS, and there is not a 1-to-1 relationship, either.  Let me explain.

Phones that are assigned the Texas_Internal_CSS should only be able to dial numbers in the Texas_Internal_PT.  Therefore, only the Texas_Internal_PT should be listed within the Texas_Internal_CSS.

Phones that are assigned the Texas_Local_CSS should only be able to dial numbers in the Texas_Internal_PT and the Texas_Local_PT.  Therefore, both partitions should be listed in the Texas_Local_CSS.

Phones that are in the Texas_LD_CSS should be able to dial numbers in the Texas_Internal_PT, the Texas_Local_PT and the Texas_LD_PT.  So all three partitions should be in the Texas_LD_CSS.

The key is that Partitions help you define logical groups of extensions, route patterns, and translations patterns that can be dialed.  Calling Search Spaces grant permission to a device to call those groups.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Got it Chris.

Thanks much.

I just read about the partition and CSS and i got a better understanding now.  Everything was created by the vendor.  It was created a confusion for me when i try to check and match the configuration since it is using the same name.

sienz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: