cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Dial 0 to Recept. for 3 different offices in one CUCM

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM 6.1.1 that is being used for 3 different offices.  Each Office has each own reception.  I just got a request so when the users dial 0, it will go to the respective office.  Our vendor that installed the CUCM has created for 2 of the offices.  I need another one since we just add this office joining the CUCM.  I looked at the CUCM configuration that we have for the 2 offices that already setup and come up with this, please let me know if I do it wrong or what should have it done.  Thank you

1.     1.  Create a new “Calling Search Space” for this new office, example: Texas_Internal

2.      2. Create a new “Partition”, example: Texas_Local

3.      3. Create a new “Device Pool”, example: Texas_Phones

a.       CSS for this device = Texas_Internal

4.      4. Create a new “Translation Patterns”

a.       Translation Pattern = 0

b.      Partition = Texas_Local

c.       Calling Search Space = Texas_Local

d.      Called Party Transform Mask = 6000 (reception Extension number for this new office)

5.      5. Assigning a new phone with

a.       Device Pool = Texas_Phones

Is there anything that I miss or is there any other way to do this?

Thank you for your help

sienz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would recommend, for your own sanity and for clearer documentation, to include what kind of thing it is to the name.  For example, every partition I create ends in _PT and every calling search space ends with _CSS.  Because Texas_Local_PT is not the same as Texas_Local_CSS, and there is not a 1-to-1 relationship, either.  Let me explain.

Phones that are assigned the Texas_Internal_CSS should only be able to dial numbers in the Texas_Internal_PT.  Therefore, only the Texas_Internal_PT should be listed within the Texas_Internal_CSS.

Phones that are assigned the Texas_Local_CSS should only be able to dial numbers in the Texas_Internal_PT and the Texas_Local_PT.  Therefore, both partitions should be listed in the Texas_Local_CSS.

Phones that are in the Texas_LD_CSS should be able to dial numbers in the Texas_Internal_PT, the Texas_Local_PT and the Texas_LD_PT.  So all three partitions should be in the Texas_LD_CSS.

The key is that Partitions help you define logical groups of extensions, route patterns, and translations patterns that can be dialed.  Calling Search Spaces grant permission to a device to call those groups.

Hope this helps,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

A couple things...  Typically I create the CSS after I create the Partition because you need to specify the Partition in the CSS.  Do you have Texas_Internal partition listed in the Texas_Internal CSS?

Second, you looks like you are saying that you specified the CSS in the Device Pool.  The Device CSS cannot be set inside the Device Pool.  There is a CSS option there, but it is only for the Auto-registration feature or Device Mobility.  The CSS needs to be configured on the Device itself and/or on the Directory Number.

Check those two things and let us know...

Chris

Hi Chris, Thank you for your response

I have completed about 75% i think.

I have to created Texas_Internal, Texas_local, Texas_longdistance, Texas_International.

fyi, The Texas_International contains Texas_Internal, Texas_local, Texas_longdistance, internal and VMport

In our translation pattern 0 for this texas office,

• Translation Pattern = 0
  • Partition = Texas_Local
  • Calling Search Space = texas_Local
  • Called Party Transform Mask = 6000

I assigned the phone CSS to Texas_International so it is dialing the Texas 0 translation pattern when this phone dial 0 and it is working.

My problem,

After creating Texas_Internal, Texas_local, Texas_longdistance, Texas_International,

How can i tell the system

Texas_local can dial local number

Texas_longdistance can dial long distance number

Texas_International can dial international number

It is currently only can dial internal number.

Thanks

sienz

I would recommend, for your own sanity and for clearer documentation, to include what kind of thing it is to the name.  For example, every partition I create ends in _PT and every calling search space ends with _CSS.  Because Texas_Local_PT is not the same as Texas_Local_CSS, and there is not a 1-to-1 relationship, either.  Let me explain.

Phones that are assigned the Texas_Internal_CSS should only be able to dial numbers in the Texas_Internal_PT.  Therefore, only the Texas_Internal_PT should be listed within the Texas_Internal_CSS.

Phones that are assigned the Texas_Local_CSS should only be able to dial numbers in the Texas_Internal_PT and the Texas_Local_PT.  Therefore, both partitions should be listed in the Texas_Local_CSS.

Phones that are in the Texas_LD_CSS should be able to dial numbers in the Texas_Internal_PT, the Texas_Local_PT and the Texas_LD_PT.  So all three partitions should be in the Texas_LD_CSS.

The key is that Partitions help you define logical groups of extensions, route patterns, and translations patterns that can be dialed.  Calling Search Spaces grant permission to a device to call those groups.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Got it Chris.

Thanks much.

I just read about the partition and CSS and i got a better understanding now.  Everything was created by the vendor.  It was created a confusion for me when i try to check and match the configuration since it is using the same name.

sienz