Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2024 port utilization OID/MIB

cchospital
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Now when going into webview in this switch, under statistics-> Port Utlization you see a % for every port ,

now that is the value i want but i cannot find the MIB/OID to use to get that value. I believe there is none

that port utlization is a calculation  of possibly a number of OID's to get that value, but what does linksys

use to achieve that. Looking at google for port utilization calculations comes up with the following:

The purpose of knowing utilization is to know whether a link in the network is overloaded. Thus, the bar graph for a port shows utilization for the busiest half-link (Rx or Tx) on the port. For example, using a port configured for 100Mbps, full-duplex, if the port was transmitting at 35% utilization on one half-link and receiving at 10% on the other half-link, the port would show a 35% utilization.

Utilization is calculated by the formula

utilization % = (data bits x 100) / (bandwidth x interval)

Thus, on a 10Mbps half-duplex port, a 3-second measurement of 6,000,000 bits would indicate a 20% utilization of the port.

So am i right do we have to find OID for every bit in the above calculation  if so are they all available. It would be much

simpler for me to have one OID to did this so that i could put together in MRTG.

thanks

5 Replies 5

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi cchospital,

Do a search on this site for ' mib srw'  and i believe a couple of my colleagues have  suggested a couple of approaches you can use.

regards Dave

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi cchospital,

Try the following link for MIB for SRW  https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10504

regards Dave

Why I can't access this doc?

Hi,

I am trying to access this file but I get "access denied".

Can you help?

vsamoilov
Level 1
Level 1

Great.

This mibs also apply just fine for SPS series.

To test them with net-snmp (linux, bsd, etc):

download and unpack to some directory (i.e. srw_mib)

cd srw_mibs

snmpwalk -v2c -M +. -c .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X