cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Park Recall on a UC540

carlcarter1
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently installed my first UC500 system(UC540). All of the programming was done with CCA or the Web GUI. After setting up the park feature I realized that there is no park recall configuration in CCA nor the Web GUI.

After calling support and the programming guide I determined that the only way it can be done is with CLI. I have minimal experience with the Cisco CLI and none with UC500 CLI. I need to program this option but don't want to break anything.

Can somebody help me with this? I just need a simple recall back to the phone that originated the park after, say, 120 seconds. The system is configured with 8 phones (201-208), 3 lines and the default park slots(701-708).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Carl,

Victor did a good job, so i tried something i saw in his links.

UC520#sh run | s ephone-dn  52    (THIS IS ONE OF MY PARK SLOTS)
!
!
ephone-dn  52
number 701 no-reg primary
park-slot
label Park Slot 701
!

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#park-slot timeout ?

<0-65535>  Specify the park timeout (seconds) before the call is returned to
             the number it was parked from

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#park-slot timeout 10
% Incomplete command.

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#park-slot timeout 10 ?
  limit  Set call park timeout count limit

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#park-slot timeout 10 limit ?
  <1-65535>  Specify the number of park timeout cycles before the call is
             disconnected

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#park-slot timeout 10 limit 60

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#exit

UC520(config)#exit
UC520#wr

This entry park-slot timeout 10 limit 120 made the user that parked the call get a alarm after the parked person waited in park for 10 seconds.  I think you get the gist of the command and can play with the parameters.

regards Dave

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

vcappucc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Carl,

Can you please share your show run and show ephone-dn park, so we can try it for your first ?

for more documentacion please check the following link, it is all about the call parking. Also you might like to conside  the feature access codes, FAC is turn on in analog phones, while the IP Phones uses softkeys to invoke the same features.

Router(config)#telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)# fac custom dpark-retrieval #25

Thanks!

Victor.-

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Carl,

Victor did a good job, so i tried something i saw in his links.

UC520#sh run | s ephone-dn  52    (THIS IS ONE OF MY PARK SLOTS)
!
!
ephone-dn  52
number 701 no-reg primary
park-slot
label Park Slot 701
!

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#park-slot timeout ?

<0-65535>  Specify the park timeout (seconds) before the call is returned to
             the number it was parked from

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#park-slot timeout 10
% Incomplete command.

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#park-slot timeout 10 ?
  limit  Set call park timeout count limit

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#park-slot timeout 10 limit ?
  <1-65535>  Specify the number of park timeout cycles before the call is
             disconnected

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#park-slot timeout 10 limit 60

UC520(config-ephone-dn)#exit

UC520(config)#exit
UC520#wr

This entry park-slot timeout 10 limit 120 made the user that parked the call get a alarm after the parked person waited in park for 10 seconds.  I think you get the gist of the command and can play with the parameters.

regards Dave

Thanks Dave,

This worked. I also liked how you broke down the entries for me.

I have another, less important, issue. This customer was sold on the extended numbering plan, for the park feature, by our salesman. I used this command: num-exp 7201 701. This allows me to transfer calls to the park slot by pressing Transfr 7201 but I cannot pick them up by dialing 7201. I can pick them up by dialing 701. I am certain that I am missing something.

As I said this one is not as critical as the one that you already helped me on but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You could change your park slots to be different.

Instead of having them be 701 702 etc, why not change the numbers to 7201, 7202 etc.

Then you can get rid of the number expansion commands.

I've tried changing the park slots with CCA but it will only allow 3 digit park slots.

My suggestion would be an out of band change.  I don't believe it would work with CCA.  You could use the out of band guide for CCA 2.2.1 and add your own ephone-dn's with your own park slots.  You wouldn't need the ones that CCA did for you any more at that point.

http://tools.cisco.com/search/display?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cisco.com%2Fen%2FUS%2Fdocs%2Fnet_mgmt%2Fcisco_configuration_assistant%2Fversion2_2_1%2Fout_of_band_reference%2Fcca_r22_oob_config_guidelines.pdf&pos=3&strqueryid=3&websessionid=Sf8cMvp-xcbAe...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: