cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Upgrade from 4.2 to 5.X

l.gross
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrading Unity 4.2.1 w/Failover unified with Exchange 2003 to 5.X w/Failover to support an upcoming upgrade of Exchange 2003 to 2007. I need to increase hard drive storage on the Unity servers to support this. I have planned to use DIRT to backup Unity config data, pull the original drives, install the new drives, reinstall OS, reinstall Unity 4.2.1 then restore the config using DIRT.

Has anyone ever tried using Ghost to image the old drives and restore from that image to the new drives? It has been so long since I used Ghost I cannot remember if it allows you to re-size the drive partitions or not.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have not tried it but I would recommend against it.  If something does not work, TAC will probably not support it.

Its not that bad the approach you are doing.  It will take about 4-6 hours to complete. (replace drives, etc). 

Once you have 4.21 running, id let it run for a couple days before upgrading to 5.x.  This will ensure nothing went wrong with the rebuild process.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have not tried it but I would recommend against it.  If something does not work, TAC will probably not support it.

Its not that bad the approach you are doing.  It will take about 4-6 hours to complete. (replace drives, etc). 

Once you have 4.21 running, id let it run for a couple days before upgrading to 5.x.  This will ensure nothing went wrong with the rebuild process.

Thanks for the reply tcat. I plan to let it run a week before I move forward with the upgrade to 5.X.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: