CCNP confusion

Answered Question
Feb 4th, 2010

hi guys

i did the routing and switching before they changed last time around (summer 2006) . i had 3 yrs to do the other two but didnt get them done, are these irrelevant now?

i am almost ready to do the ONT, if it do this before july will this qualify towards my CCNP if i get the others ones in the next 3 years or has that changed also?

thanks for any help

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by burleyman about 6 years 10 months ago

Sorry I misunderstood your question. Yes I beleive you can sit for the CCNP exams and then take your CCNA.

Mike

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
burleyman Thu, 02/04/2010 - 04:57

If you did the Routing and Switching in the summer of '06 then they would have expired in the summer of '09 so based on that you will need to retake them. If you are ready to take the ONT and you take it before July then yes it will quailify towards your CCNP, But you may want to consider this. If you do take the ONT you will have to take and pass the ISCW also before July 31st and then take 642-902 Route and 642-813 Switch within 3 years. So that means you will have to take 4 exams. If you stopped and did not take the ONT and just went this path, 642-902 Route, 642-813 Switch, and 642-832 TShoot, then you could get it in three exams. And on final thing, if you are still strong in Routing and Switching you can still take the 642-892 Composite by July 31st and then you would just have to take the 642-832 TShoot exam with in 3 years and you would be CCNP in two exams.

Here is a link:  http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/learning_certification_type_home.html

Please rate if this helps.

Mike

michaelleahy Thu, 02/04/2010 - 06:22

thanks for that very good help. ill award after this. my ccna is also expired, if i do the composite b4 july, then the troubleshoot after july and the cccna then, am i correct in saying i will be awarded the ccna and ccnp then?

burleyman Thu, 02/04/2010 - 06:30

Unfortunately, you will have to take the CCNA again if it is expired. A valid CCNA is required to get your CCNP.....sorry.

Please rate if this helps.

Mike

michaelleahy Thu, 02/04/2010 - 06:31

yeah i know that but can i do the ccnp exams first, do the new ccna then and get all the awards together

Correct Answer
burleyman Thu, 02/04/2010 - 06:35

Sorry I misunderstood your question. Yes I beleive you can sit for the CCNP exams and then take your CCNA.

Mike

Actions

This Discussion