Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP version in CUCM 7.0 ?

sivakumar.kvp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everyone,

Would be great help if anyone guide me to find out SCCP version in CUCM 7.0 ?

regards

siva

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like it's version 17.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8131

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like it's version 17.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8131

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thank you so much Brandon for your quick response.

shiv

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

The version of SCCP is not determined by the CUCM, it's actually determined by whatever Firmware is loaded on the phone. If you want to find out what version of SCCP a phone is running, the best way I found was to create a test CME lab. Once the phone is registered with CME, then do a 'show ephone' command and it will display the SCCP version that phone's firmware is communicating with. The output looks like this:

ephone-1 Mac:XXXX.XXXX.XXXX TCP socket:[1] activeLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 17 and Server in ver 5
mediaActive:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 paging 0 debug:0
IP:X.X.X.X 23648 7911   keepalive 132 max_line 2 dual-line
button 1: dn 1  number 2001 CH1   IDLE         CH2   IDLE

**Note: This command also works when phones are in SRST fallback mode, and you will see the version of SCCP as well.

The article from the previous post says to use a packet sniffer, but I tried it and didn't work. This method worked better for me.

As of CUCM 7.1(3), the latest firmware for most phones is 8.5(3) which does run SCCP version 17. But if you download the latest firmware for some phones, they are running SCCP version 19!

Hope this helps,

neocec

I need a firmware the runs SCCP v3.3.2 to allow my ASA to inspect

it.

Do you know one that is compatable with CUCM v7?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: