cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please Explain UCCX Max Agents / Enhanced Seats Concept

patrick.boyle
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to fully understand the licencing display on our CRS server. We have 110 Enhanced Seats, and 300 max agents. What exactly does that mean in terms of how many active agents I can have on the system?

16 Replies 16

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The maximum number shown is the maximum number of seat licenses that your hardware is capable of supporting. In your case, 300 is also the product limitation of CCX.  If you have 110 seats, then you can have up to 110 agents and or supervisors logged in at any one time.

Thank you for the reply. I now understand that the max seats is the maximum number of simultaneous agents and sups. I still don't quite understand the significance of max agents. Does this mean that I can have a maximum of 300 agent accounts set up in the system?

Correct, your system can scale up to 300 seats, so if you require more agents you simply procure additional licenses (up to 300) and apply them to the system.

HTH,

Chris

"Does this mean that I can have a maximum of 300 agent accounts set up in the system?"

Not my understanding. You could configure 600 agents as long as no more than 300 are logged in concurrently.

The CAD licence server operates on CONCURRENT SEATS (agents or supervisors) bu I use CAD in UCCE - I defer to the Express experts.

Regards,

Geoff

CAD works pretty much the same in Express as it does in Enterprise.  As to the agent limit again, there is nothing preventing you from defining as many agents as you want built into the application, the 300 limit is what is supported on the platform.  For more details on supported agent count per platform refer to SRND.

Chris

Like Chris and Geoff indicated, you can have as many accounts as you like created however the max number of agents that can be logged in at same time is upto 300.  UCCX is designed for small to medium buisness.  You currently have license for 110 your max limit is 300 and that is the limit possible for UCCX.

Even if you like to buy more licenses or install it UCCX will not allow any agents login beyond 300 that is the max.

Good luck.

Baseer.

Hi,

Is it possible to see in real-time how many of the 110 concurrent licences are being used?

Regards

Jon

Yes, in real time reports if you click on Report/Overall Cisco Unified Contact Center stats, it will show you how many Logged in Resources you have. That number represents how many licenses you are using.

Thanks for that!

Is there a Historical report that will capture the max-agents logged in for a given period of time?

Sorry, I know this post is 5 months late but....

I don't think so. I have been looking for a historical report that shows the peak number of concurrent agents logged in at any given time, and have not been able to find it. I have been running an agent login/logout summary report and then counting the number of agents. I do this for a few dates throughout the month and it gives me a pretty good idea.

Cisco, if you are reading this....please include a UCCX report that helps us plan for licensing!!

Yep--trying to find concurrent license counts too.  Makes no sense that a system with concurrent licensing cannot tell you how many concurrent licenses are being utilized at any given time!  I'm surprised this hasn't been corrected yet.

Alright, I think I can help here. There is a manual way to show all Agents logged into the system through Real Time Reporting in UCCX. However, this does not include Supervisor's who may be logged in as Sups but not Agents so you must keep this in mind. To manually get this same info from the DB, you can run the following SQL at predetermined intervals and offload the results to a separate DB with a DateTime and AgentsLoggedIn column.

Select loggedinagents from RtICDStatistic

If you want to get the TRUE license in use count you will need to go to the CLI (assuming UCCX 8 and above) and run the command 'show uccx cad license usage'.

I know this is an old post, hopefully someone can help me.

When checking the license usage, I see the different results in Real Time Reporting and CLI.

CLI:

admin:show uccx cad license usage

License Report for seat:

7 of 75 available.

Real Time Reporting:

Logged-in Resources: 62

Why the License Report from CLI shows 6 more license usage than Real Time Reporting? What are these six licenses used for?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: