Helpful
Replies

Message log in 3560: %ILPOWER-5-IEEE_DISCONNECT: Interface Fa0/21: PD removed

jimontoro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I see this message in the 3560:

Feb  4 11:30:38.939 CET: %ILPOWER-5-IEEE_DISCONNECT: Interface Fa0/21: PD removed

Feb  4 11:30:40.608 CET: %ILPOWER-7-DETECT: Interface Fa0/21: Power Device detected: Cisco PD

Feb  4 11:30:41.053 CET: %ILPOWER-5-IEEE_DISCONNECT: Interface Fa0/21: PD removed

Feb  4 11:30:42.722 CET: %ILPOWER-7-DETECT: Interface Fa0/21: Power Device detected: Cisco PD

What is the problem?

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The device does not support the 3560 PoE.  I've seen this with alot of VoIP phones.  Does this line happen all the time or just a few times?

Hello,

only during a few minutes, and when I connect a new phone.

gkeel
Level 1
Level 1

Just as a note, I upgraded my 3560 switches to 12.2(53)SE code last week and I am getting the same thing on port that Cisco 7970G phone is connected to.  However, so far it has only been on one site (only one 7970 ohone there, others are 7960G's).

Seems to happen twice each morning and then everything is fine the rest of the day.

I have set the inline power to always be on for that port today and will see if it happens again on Monday.

I don't recall what version of code I was using before but it did not start happening until I did the upgrade.

GKEEL wrote:

Seems to happen twice each morning and then everything is fine the rest of the day.

PC's do this very often:  when the user logs in/out.  So I'm suspecting the phone is logging themselves in/out?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: