Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC2-2MFT-G703, cRTP and Multilink

g.petit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wish to know if it is possible aggregate 2 E1/G703 data link in order to increase bandwidth up to 4 Mbps (2x 2 Mbps) with the card VWIC2-2MFT-G703, by using ppp encapsulation with the multilink feature.

I have read several documents and according to them, I conclude that this setup is possible but I can not test it.

Does somebody can confirm that such setup is possible ?

With the same idea, with 2 cards (VWIC2-2MFT-G703) is it possible to get 8 Mbps (2x 2 Mbps per card) ?

I will use 18xx or 29xx routers.

Next, with this setup, I whish to enable cRTP.

I suppose that I can enable this feature on the Multilink interface with something like that:

===

interface Mutlilink <group-number>

ip address <address> <mask>

encapsulation ppp

ppp multilink

ip rtp header-compression ...

===

Does somebody can confirm that cRTP is available with such setup (multilink with VWIC2-2MFT-G703 card) ?

Thanks for your Help.
GP.

1 Reply 1

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi GP,

Thank you for your question.  However, the Small Business Support Community is limited to Cisco Small Business Products.

Your question below may relate to a Cisco Classic Product which our community would not be able to help you with.

The best area for you to post your question would be at the Cisco NetPro forums: https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa

Best regards,

Cindy

Cindy Toy

Small Business Community Manager

Customer Advocacy

Cisco Systems, Inc.

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!