Views
Helpful
Replies

Centralised WLC with Multiple Remote Sites

d-g-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have been reading through the design documentation for the Wireless devices, and I can't seem to find a definitive answer to the following:

Is it possible to have a centralised WLC (in a DMZ) which  controls many remote sites?  Each site should have the same SSID, however the IP subnet will be different at each site.

I've attached a basic PDF showing what we are trying to achieve.

Thanks for your help.

Kris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Sure, you could either put the AP's into H-REAP mode so that the client's data traffic is locally switched at the AP or you could use AP Groups.  With AP Groups the client's traffic would be tunnelled back to the controller and the AP Group policy would determine which interface/VLAN the traffic would be dumped into.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Sure, you could either put the AP's into H-REAP mode so that the client's data traffic is locally switched at the AP or you could use AP Groups.  With AP Groups the client's traffic would be tunnelled back to the controller and the AP Group policy would determine which interface/VLAN the traffic would be dumped into.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here is a link to the HREAP deployment guide. Pay special attention to WAN requirements section

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6087/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml#req

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card