cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to back up and restore flash for all UC500

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

Before an upgrade, we know that we need to back up the configs via CCA. and that we need to back up flash via TFTP... is there a simple command to back up all of flash? or do we need to go line item by line item?   and same question on the restore- is there a command to restore all of flash?

We are taking a UC520 customer from XW6 (set up with CCA 1.6 or CCA 1.7) to 20T (using CCA 2.2.1) and we need a disisater recovery plan.

Thank you!

Stacy

7 Replies 7

jjunlimited
Level 1
Level 1

How do you backup using TFTP?

I agree with Stacy. There should be a easy way to back it all up. Preferably using CCA.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Stacey,

At the moment i just take the card out and copy the contents over to my system and store it under the clients folder :) Not the perfect solution but hey it works

It would be good if you could do a "Copy flash:*.*" to a server of some sorts, now that would be a cool feature.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

Any Official Cisco answers?    I'd like some input from the Cisco guys...

David's idea of removing it and copying it would be fine , but we're doing this upgrade remotely ( they are out of state) and we don't want the customer at the site to have to do anything like that. Plus I doubt he has a card reader or anything.

Thx,

Stacy

Assuming you have enough flash space, you could do this in enable mode:

archive tar /create backup.tar flash:/

Marcos

Just to complete the thought, you could just add some files to the tar file (excluding the IOS image, for example), and then TFTP it off. Instead of TFTP'ing 100 files, you could do 4 or 5.

Marcos

And what about offloading the tar files to an ftp or tftp server?

archive tar /create ftp://:@/backup.tar flash:/

or

archive tar /create tftp:///backup.tar flash:/

Replace the username, password and ip-address w/ meaningful values, e.g.

archive tar /create ftp://robert:mypassword@192.168.10.11/backup.tar flash:/

Would be nice to see this in CCA though...

I see I missed part two of your question.

Restoring would be done w/ roughly the same command:

archive tar /xtract ftp://:@/backup.tar flash:/

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: