Receptionist's Attendant Console often goes offline

Unanswered Question
Feb 4th, 2010
User Badges:

Hello,

Cisco Unified CM v6.1.2.1000-13.

Our receptionist's AC goes offline unexpectedly 2x or 3x per day.

We have two people concurrently running the Cisco Attendant Console Client v5.1.0.7022 (11/11/2009). One is the main receptionist, the other is the Executive’s Assistant, who fills in for the receptionist when she is on break.

Historically, the receptionist's Attendant Console has been mostly stable, other than occasionally going offline out of the blue This morning however, she reported that "a few weeks ago" her AC started going offline 2 or 3 times every day. If the Exec Assistant is online when that happens, inbound calls go to her, but if she isn't online inbound call go to the night attendant - MUCH to the chagrin of management.

Now the Exec Assistant's AC has presented a multitude of problems since our phone system was installed, almost two years ago. We've rebuilt her computer (XP \ SP3), removed unnecessary apps, upgraded her memory from 2 to 4 GB, tried running AC on a separate monitor - all to no avail. For the EA, the only thing we haven't tried is running AC on a separate dedicated computer. The other problem the EA reports is: if she has AC minimized, when she restores it to her screen, screen painting lags and often the app is unusable (clicking on it does nothing). At that point she has to close the app and reopen it.

But that is all just background. My main concern is the main receptionist's AC going offline 2 or 3 times per day. My Cisco support vendor tells me the Cisco Attendant Console Client is not supported by Cisco, which for me is pretty hard pill to swallow. I am told that I will have to build a Win Server to host a different application (Cisco Unified Department Attendant Console) that Cisco wants us to use instead. We were told that our original phone system purchase came with one license for this client\server application. To add a 2nd concurrent user, between the Smartnet contracts, software assurance and the 2nd license itself, the cost would be over $1,700. Upon looking at the specs for this Win server, I'd have to purchase hardware, which will go over like a [email protected] in church when I take it to management for approval.

I searched this forum for "Attendant Console offline", but I didn't find any hits with people having the same problem I have. If anyone can offer any advise, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Glenn

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion