cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reason 422: error message

lsinclair
Level 1
Level 1

I work from home and connect to a Cisco Router in the office. I keep getting disconnected (Reason 422: Lost contact with the security gateway. Check your network connection). Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I work in Microsoft XP platform. Thanks, Linda

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Linda

Are you using a VPN connection to get connected to your cisco network ? are you able to ping your router, when you get this message.. this can normally be due to IP connectivity.. what do you want to do ? telnet/ssh to routers ?

Raj

View solution in original post

Sure Linda.. let us know..  i would surely recommend you to upgrade your cisco vpn client, as Alex is testing from his end.. sometimes software issues can be so crappy, and an upgrade can solve issues mail us back when you get ahead troubleshooting this.. hope this helps. all the best. you can rate replies if found useful..

Thanks & Regards

Raj

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Linda

Are you using a VPN connection to get connected to your cisco network ? are you able to ping your router, when you get this message.. this can normally be due to IP connectivity.. what do you want to do ? telnet/ssh to routers ?

Raj

lsinclair
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your response. Yes I have checked my connection, purchased a new modem

(D-LINK) , DSL green light constant, and still my VPN connection drops out about every 5-10 minutes. I have ATT, a AVAYA phone (which doesn't work at all right now). The VPN light is constant on the Cisco router, but connection drops out all the time. And no, we don't have an IS where I work, so no one knows how to fix this. Yesterday, is was so discourged, I hit bottom!

And thanks for any help you can give. I have had my neighbor come over (who kind of knows this stuff) and he worked hard to fix it, but to no avail, I am totally out of ideas. My office is in Hayward California, and I work out of my home in Nevada. Could this be ATT connection problems? When I call them, they tell me it is not, but I am not so sure.

Linda

Raj: Oops: Oh, and yes I can ping my router. I am working on a "terminal server" at the moment. It would not load if the Cisco was not working.

Linda

PS: I used to work with a Raj at Dolby Laboratories!

Hi Linda

I really dont know if the DSL could drop so often they are pretty much steady in terms of connectivity.. AT&T might not be the issue here, but Im not ruling this out...

what kind of vpn server do you have ? checkpoint ? did you ask the admin to check if the checkpoint vpn server is dropping connections, due to idle timeouts or any other timeout set on the server ? are you seeing any logs on the VPN server when your connection is disconnected.. we need to troubleshoot this starting from the end network, and probably come back to your local home network... i have seen thsi happening with cisco vpn concentrators due to timeouts.. have a check on that.. one thing you can check (but might test your patience ) is to run a continuos ping to your router, as well as to your ISP default gateway.. incase of drops to your router connectivity, check if your ISP also drops packets ! its a bit tedious but sometime works out..

another thing to check - is split tunneling enabled on your vpn connection ? if so, check if all the traffic flows thro VPN or only a portion of traffic...

BTW, i havent worked in dolby laboratories

Thanks, cheers

Raj

OK Raj: I sent what you stated in your response to my office to Alex who has been trying to help out. I need information from him about the Cisco /server router in the office. I have a Cosco 800 series here at home. Since I am an "end user" I need IP addresses to ping these devices. I do have the address for the Cisco box here, it is located in my log in screen. I looked at the logs yesterday and nothing was there. So, do I just sit here and continually hit the ping, ping, ping, whoohoo, ping over and over again. On the connection entries there were two errors noted. I think it was 10 and 11. I have attached here at the bottom.

I have NO clue what it means, perhaps you do? I don't think Alex would know either.

Thanks Again. Linda

OK Raj: Here I go again, previous message had "unexpected error". Anyway I forwarded your response to Alex at the office. I don't really know what the router/server he uses. I have an Cisco 800 series here at home. I do know this ip address and so you are saying to go to CMD, and ping over and over again for some alloted amout of time. Correct? Perhaps Alex can do something from his end. Also I have attached a report that I took a look at on the VPN log-in. It has two error messages on it. I think it is number 10 and 11. I have not a clue what this means? Do you?

Thanks again Raj, Linda

Hi Linda

You said you were able to connect to Cisco VPN server, but get disconnected every 5-10 minutes ? You dont have issues connecting to the VPN right ?

What you can do at your end is:

try reinstall cisco vpn client (CVC) or use the latest cisco vpn client....

do you have any kinda personal firewall which is blocking this ? can you try this from some other laptop ?

BTW, are you connecting this from wireless ? i have heard some access points denying vpn connections.. can you try connecting on LAN through DSL and then try ?

let me know if your administrator comes back with more facts & error messages at his end....

Raj

I do believe I have turned off firewall, but will check that. I do connect directly to the DSL modem. I was using wireless but stopped doing that. And no I don't have another laptop with the software loaded for Cisco.

I will let you know what Alex has to say. Thanks again Raj, you have made me a happy person. Play it forward......

Linda

Sure Linda.. let us know..  i would surely recommend you to upgrade your cisco vpn client, as Alex is testing from his end.. sometimes software issues can be so crappy, and an upgrade can solve issues mail us back when you get ahead troubleshooting this.. hope this helps. all the best. you can rate replies if found useful..

Thanks & Regards

Raj

- Uninstall Cisco VPN client from your device and reinstall it.

For me its working, Try once.

hatimeayoub
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,
After some checks&Research (https://calmerthanur.wordpress.com/2007/10/31/cisco-vpn-client-on-the-mac-strangest-issue-ever/ )

I found that is related to my Network Adapters if there is so many activated,
What I did simply is to deactivate all the unused Network adapter, and the Cisco VPN is working well,

Regards,

Hii

I have been facing this issue and tried to solve this in several time. Now I describe how can I solve this issue. Go to Ethernet and you see that the Sonicwall Virtual NIC is disable just enable the Sonicwall Virtual NIC. Then VPN will be working fine.

Thanks

Thank you for your solution, Its really help me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: