cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Queuing Algorithm Agent State Ready on RONA

r.stockton
Level 1
Level 1

Customer would like the global parameter "Agent State on Ring No Answer" to be changed to "Ready".  What is the expected behaviour in the following scenario:

CSQ is Skills Based

UCCX 7.x rings to Agent A who does not answer, instead of being placed Not Ready, the Agent remains Ready

Agent B is "Talking"

Agent C is "Talking"

Will the call Queue? or will it continue to try Agent A? If it goes too Queue, at what point will it try Agent A again? or will it not try Agent A until a new contact comes into the Queue?

Additionally, let's say Agent C goes "Ready", however, the skill is a lower value (i.e. Agent A skill = 10, Agent C skill = 5), will UCCX continue to call Agent A? or will it try the lower Skill?

I've checked the srnd and admin guides on this and have browsed the forum a bit.  I am also trying to convince the customer that going this route is not advisable.  Still....

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nathan Luk
Level 1
Level 1

In the 1st scenario you described the system will try to route the call to the same agent because they are available. If you don't want it to route to someone who may or may not be there, you need to set the RONA state change to Not Ready. If they are concerned people aren't getting long enough just increase the selected timeout.

In the 2nd scenario you described the system will try to route the call based on how the CSQ is configured.

• Longest Available: It will send the call to Agent C (if they were available while the call was ringing on Agent A)
  • Least Skilled: It will send the call to Agent C
  • Most Skilled: It will send the call to Agent A

Cheers,

Nathan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nathan Luk
Level 1
Level 1

In the 1st scenario you described the system will try to route the call to the same agent because they are available. If you don't want it to route to someone who may or may not be there, you need to set the RONA state change to Not Ready. If they are concerned people aren't getting long enough just increase the selected timeout.

In the 2nd scenario you described the system will try to route the call based on how the CSQ is configured.

• Longest Available: It will send the call to Agent C (if they were available while the call was ringing on Agent A)
  • Least Skilled: It will send the call to Agent C
  • Most Skilled: It will send the call to Agent A

Cheers,

Nathan

This is what I thought.  If I understand this correctly, he net result is that in the first scenario, the call will never go to Queue - i.e. it will *always* ring Agent A, thereby bypassing any logic in the Queued branch.

In the second scenario, the call will also always ring Agent A, since it is of a higher skill level (since we are doing Most Skilled).

This is what I was trying to confirm since the intended call flow is to have higher Skilled Agents take the calls, then lower skilled, then while Queued present VM or Operator options as you normally would in a simple Queue.  The problem here is that not forcing unanswered calls to go Not Ready breaks that logic since the call will never be queued if an Agent walks away from the desk!

Thank you.

ps...does firefox not allow the ability to rate these posts any more?

Partially correct, it will still runs the agent selection logic each time the call RONAs so theoretically if a higher skilled agent became available and the call RONA'd off a lower skilled agent it would then route to the higher skilled agent

Gotcha.  The higher skilled Agent will take the call, unless the highest skilled Agent is the one that walks away from the desk.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: