Views
Helpful
Replies

Is my traffic reaching the firewall?

Scott Cannon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the ASA and I'm currently working with a 5510 (7.0.6). I'm trying to allow users from the "inside" interface access to a specific host (HOSTA) on a specific port (PORTA) via the "outside" interface. It is not working, and I am not suer how to troubleshoot.

Here's the setup:

PAT is configured for all users on the "inside" to obtain a single routable IP (1.1.1.1). An access list has been created and applied to the inside interface to allow connection to HOSTA via PORTA for all users.

Here's my config:

global (outside) 1 1.1.1.1

nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

access-list inside extended permit tcp any host HOSTA eq PORTA

access-group inside in interface inside

Now, during troubleshooting, I do not see my internal address in the NAT table (using "show xlate"). Also I do not see any packet count in the access list (using show access-list)

I'm open to suggestions here really, as I'm completely stumped. Assume routing is fine and there are no other firewalls blocking traffic.

Can anyone help me?

Rgds

Scott

2 Replies 2

Scott Cannon
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone able to tell me how to view the session table on an ASA 5510 (7.0.6)? That would be a good start.

Scott Cannon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Apologies, but I figured this one out. Looks like there was an ACE further up the chain affecting my connection.

Rgds

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card