cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSS and 6.1-7.1 feature license

cheng.cathy
Level 1
Level 1

We do have a current UCSS contract. I am under the impression that if we order 7.1 from cisco PUT tool, we will receive a callmanager 6.1-7.1 feature license, as well as the 7.1 installation DVD. Is it correct?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Cathy,

That is correct my friend

The Software feature license will be activated and referenced to the Publisher

Mac via registration of the PAK key you will receive with the media DVD's.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Kindly do you know the part number for the upgrade from ccm 4.3 to cucm 7.1 ?

Or how can i get it to order this upgrade ?

Also please confirm this:

If I have ccm 4.3 installed and have the DVD software for cucm 7.1, It won't help me to upgrade using DMA that I must buy the upgrade media to get the PAK for the software feature license to activate the call manager service after the upgrade ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Hi Hytham,

There is no part# for a 4.x to 7.x migration as it is more than two hops.

So you must purchase the 7.x media via the "Top Level" part#. It's going

to look something like;

UNIFIED-CM7.1  CUCM 7.1 top level part number 

With the 7.x media you will receive a new PAK that entitles you to the

Software feature License. Without this license your Callmanager Service

will not start so the DMA migration becomes somewhat moot

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your reply

So I must buy DVD 7.1

will I order DVD 7.1 upgrade or new installation ?

And for this license, I'm sure it isn't the node license nor DLUs

I think it is called software feature license

So Can I order this upgrade license only without the DVD 7

Or I should buy the DVD upgrade to receive this license ?

Or I should buy the DVD and order also the upgrade license  ?

Sorry for the details

Thanks

Hi Hytham,

No worries my friend

You will order the CUCM 7.x "Top level" Part # , when you receive the 7.x media you will receive a new PAK that entitles you to the

Software Feature License.The DLU's and Node Licenses will be generated during the DMA process as shown in the clip below;

When you migrate from Cisco CallManager version 4.(x) to 7.(x), the licenses that are required for existing phones and existing Cisco CallManager nodes is calculated and an intermediate file (XML file) that contains these license counts will be generated during the Cisco CallManager migration process. These licenses are given free of cost because you are already using these phones for Cisco CallManager version 4.x. If you are provisioning new phones and nodes after migrating to Cisco CallManager 7.(x), you need to paste the intermediate license file in the License Registration window on CCO.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Only to confirm a point that disturb me a lot

1. Is this license could be included in the node license 7.1 "sw only" that end with 2500 seats as for example like this one: L-CM7.1-7835=  [License CM 7.0 7835 Appliance, 2,500 seats]

So that When I order a node license, it'll include the software feature license in it as I see before in other projects new installation

Or it is not required to buy this node license [that end with 2500 seats as for example]

And I can only order a cheaper one for the sake of the upgrade

2. Also If I'll go through multiple hops [as from 4.3 to 6. then to 7.1.5]

Then  I'll not activate the call manager service while I'm on 6 and will continue with the upgrade while the ccm service is down and after upgrading to 7, I'll then use the license to have the ccm service up , please confirm

And thanks a lot for your help and your care

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: