Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACE 4710 Issue in DHCP Services

Hi ,

We are doing load balancing in cisco ACE 4710 for DHCP servers and are getting some problem.Below is the brief description:

We are having two DHCP servers under one server farm and one server is in active mode and other is in standby mode. once we are taking packet captures at cleint end, we are getting  respnse from real server IP(RIP) instead of VIPand also one more interesting thing noticed is that out of 10 requests, in 2-3 requests  we are getting response from VIP also but  in rest of  cases we are getting response from real server.

Please suggest we someone has any idea about this.

3 Replies 3

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Unfortunatley, DHCP is not currently supported for load balancing on the ACE.  The ACE doesn't support the "fix-ups" that would be required to successfully load balance it.

Regards,

Sean

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your response.

In Addition could you please let me know about any document which explains that DHCP is not currently supported for load balancing on the ACE. If possible please send it to rajender.kumar@wipro.com.

Regds..

Hello,

I am not aware of any document that states the ACE does not support load balancing DHCP.  However, if the ACE did support DHCP load balancing, it would be clearly documented on how to configure it.

If you or your customer require DHCP load balancing, I recommend that you reach out to your Cisco Account Mananger or Cisco SE.  That person can submit a Product Enhancement Request on your behalf with engineering to add this functionality.

Thank you,

Sean