Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE-20 Module: automated backup of configuration

oizciloiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am currently stuck to setup an automated configuration backup for my ACE Blades.

I found a script to backup the ACE from the Cisco ANM box but unfortunately I am not very familiar with Linux.

Has someone a hint or already an automated solution (script) in place, to "pull" the ACE config from a Microsoft system ?

System State:

ACE IOS A2.(1).5

Thanks in advanced for your reply

Saluti

Alessandro

2 Replies 2

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Alessandro,

If you upgrade to the latest ACE software, which is A2(3.0), you can take advantage of the new backup and restore feature.  With this, the ACE will backup all of the following and add it to a .tgz file:

• Running-configuration files
  • Startup-configuration files
  • Checkpoints
  • SSL certificates
  • SSL keys
  • Health-monitoring scripts
  • Licenses

You could use an Expect script to periodically log into the ACE, create the backup, and copy it off the ACE.  The backup and restore feature is documented here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA2_3_0/configuration/administration/guide/managesw.html#wp1244360

Another option for you would be to use the Application Networking Manager (ANM).  It is a graphical user interface for ACE configuration, management, and monitoring.  It also allows you to perform backups (and restores).

ANM - Performing Device Backup and Restore Functions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/application_networking_manager/3.0/user/guide/UG_virtual_contexts.html#wpxref82223

Hope this helps,

Sean

Sean, anyone:

I see this post is a year old - We don't have ANM (yet) and I never heard of an "Expect Script". I don't see kron as an option (as is in all other IOS devices)........any idea whether there are any plans (since this last post) of adding kron capabilities or something other than the two solutions posted here?

Thanks!

Mike,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: