UCCE 7.2 integration with HP Service Manager

Unanswered Question
Feb 5th, 2010
User Badges:

Hello Experts!!

We have a requirement at one of our customer place. I am giving brief overview of what currently is happening and what customer wants to achieve.

IPCC Enterprise – 7.2

CVP – 7.0

CTI Toolkit Agent Desktop 7.5(4)

HP service manager(HPSM) 7.X resides on MS-SQL 2005.

Currently agents are using CAD when the call comes in they only see CLI getting displayed on CAD, agent has to copy CLI from CAD to HP Service Manager to get the helpdesk ticket details.

Customer's requirement is to have one single Screen. Either integrate the HP desktop with Cisco CTI or populate the required information on the Cisco agent desktop application screens.

From the Cisco prospective I have doubts.

1) How this can be achieved? Can we achieve this using Agent toolkit desktop? Which means if we modify the Cisco Agent desktop using tool kit can HPSM information be integrated to CAD and become one single screen?

2) Can we develop any third party agent desktop(say in VB) and make agent login to this VB desktop and when call comes fetch the information from the DB and populate it on new developed desktop?

Or is there some other way we can achieve this?

Please help!!

Thanks,

Daljeet

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Hi Daljeet,

Couple of questions

1) How does the agent access the HPSM server. Through a web browser? Or is there a client side application that runs on each of the agent deskops?

2) Also, given a CLI, would you know where to pick up data from the HPSM SQL database? As in would you know what query needs to be run for the agent to get the ticket details?

If you have details of the latter, you can build an agent desktop with .NET or java by using the CIL that Cisco provides. The agent desktop would make a database dip to your HPSM server and pop to the agent even as the call comes in.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Gokul

(tggokul@yahoo.com)

Chad Stachowicz Sat, 02/06/2010 - 11:50
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Perfect question how does it integrate?  If its by web browset the easiest is just to coe a bit extra into the agent c sharp desktop that cisco provides.  I even have written the internet explorer COM object into a form before so I could control sessions and such.  Don't use the CIL from scratch, thats a waste of time, just write the logic directly into the .NET client.  I will be happy to share some short and important snippets of code if you get stuck.

Cheers,

Chad

I'm a bit confused by what you say is the agent desktop. On the one hand you say "CTI Toolkit Agent Desktop 7.5(4)" and then you go on to mention CAD.

In the past, I have integrated the CTIOS Agent Desktop using the CTIOS Toolkit (as Chad said) in VB.NET into HP Service Desk. In those days, Service Desk allowed you to call it from the command line with certain arguments, so that's what I did in CTIOS.

How do you use Service Desk these days?

Regards,

Geoff

daljeetsingh1_2 Wed, 02/10/2010 - 02:18
User Badges:

Dear Gokul, Chad, Geoff,

My sincere apologies for not replying earlier to your posts, i was down with fever and was on leave.

My Replies to the posts.

My Replies for Gokul Inlines

1) How does the agent access the HPSM server. Through a web browser? Or is there a client side application that runs on each of the agent deskops?

--> Its a thick client,

2) Also, given a CLI, would you know where to pick up data from the HPSM SQL database? As in would you know what query needs to be run for the agent to get the ticket details?

--> Still we need to study the exact requirements which needs to be pushed to CTI OS Client, but i dont see any issues in gathering the information.

Reply for Chad:

HPSM isnt web based client, so how do you suggest, shall we redesign the CTI OS client? and how this integration will happen? as you mentioned any help for us would be wonderfull in this regard

Reply for Geoff,

Geoff, my bad, it isnt CAD it is CTI OS Client, which you say service desk allowed you to call from CLI with certain arguments, i am sorry but i dint get your comments and i am not sure how HPSM really works, as this will going to be first CTI OS Development for us.

To be honest here, I am new to development of CTI OS client so my questions may sound candid to you, but i am curious to learn this stuff and to understand where to start from.

Thanks,

Daljeet

Actions

This Discussion