cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Free way of getting external calls to have names display on IP phones (CUCM7)

flintdavid
Level 1
Level 1

As title really, looking for a way of getting names attached to the numbers of incoming external calls. However our company wants it all for free! Can you guys please suggest ways of doing this. If it helps we would like

it to pick up names from Active Directory.

Many thanks in advance.

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

juniper76_2
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar requirement at our company and following consultation with Cisco, we implemented TCL scripting on our voice gateway running H323. I'm not sure if you can integrate it with active directory or not, but in our instance we have to manually enter each name and number you want to display on the IP phones....

The only downside we found afterwards was that engaged tone was not returned to the caller in the event of the user already being on the phone as the call needed to be answered by the gateway for it to be checked against the script.

With this in mind i am now looking for an alternative solution and have found there is freeware available that will perform the same function, removing the need for TCL scripting. As yet i've not had chance to test it, but having read up on it, it looks like it will do the job.

Not sure if i can post the link on here or not, but i could always forward it on privately?!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Caller ID name is sent by your telco (if you pay for the service). To my knowledge, there is no way to have CUCM do a directory lookup based on the CLID.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

juniper76_2
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar requirement at our company and following consultation with Cisco, we implemented TCL scripting on our voice gateway running H323. I'm not sure if you can integrate it with active directory or not, but in our instance we have to manually enter each name and number you want to display on the IP phones....

The only downside we found afterwards was that engaged tone was not returned to the caller in the event of the user already being on the phone as the call needed to be answered by the gateway for it to be checked against the script.

With this in mind i am now looking for an alternative solution and have found there is freeware available that will perform the same function, removing the need for TCL scripting. As yet i've not had chance to test it, but having read up on it, it looks like it will do the job.

Not sure if i can post the link on here or not, but i could always forward it on privately?!

I think you can post the link on here, if you cant then please send it on via email.

davidflint@alliedhealthcare.com

Thanks mate.

This is because the script was not coded correctly. The one I wrote for the purpose (and more), does not have this problem. Call are actually not answered before the phone is answered.

http://www.ciscoxmlservices.com/it/tcl--ivr-scripts

flintdavid
Level 1
Level 1

Just in case anyone else has the same issue, we have now found a satisfactory free solution. We used a program called CallTracer from myvoipsource.org

Hi, I am currently trying to implement Calltracer, could you confirm that it works with CUCM 7.1.3?

Currently Calltracer is tracing calls, but it doesnt push the name to the phone and there is step

in installation guide that says

- On the directory %windir%\java\trustlib open with an editor the file CCMDirConfig.txt    and enter the following information:

dirHost = CCM_IP

dirPort = 8404 (DC Directory'y port number)

dirAdmin = distinguished_name_of_Directory_Administrator

dirPwd = password_of_Directory_Administrator

dirBase = top_search_base (configured the default)

NOTE: this file is used internally by the tool to retrieve user-device data stored in the        CCM directory. This would change ONLY if the CCM directory is integrated to a        corporate directory.

Do you know how can I find this information on CCM, I dont really know where to find distinguished_name_of_Directory_Administrator, and I doubt

that on CUCM 7.1.3 is something like that, since it is on Linux and doesnt have AD or DC.

Well thank for any help.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: