Procedure for switching the SIP on running config HELP!

Answered Question
Feb 5th, 2010

hi all,

I've got a UC540 that I've been using for lab purposes. I've been using a test trunk from our sip provider. I'm finally ready to make the switch to our live trunk. Has anybody tried to switch the SIP trunk configuration on a running config before? I've called tac, they're clueless. I had a capture of a running config of the test trunk in operation, Only a few parameters needed to be changed to switch to our live trunk. I took a capture of the running config after changing the trunk and there were some major changes that I believe are what is causing my internal server 500 error. I'm under the impression that this has to be done via CLI, because I've made several efforts to get it to happen with CCA.  I did take my box down to a default config and try it. Though it didn't take the first time I applied it, I loaded up the config where I saved it with no SIP configured, I went in to configure it and sure enough the parameters were there and it was running. This told me that saved configs don't carry the SIP configuration over. What is in the CCA configuration is what carries over I'm assuming. However my problem is that I have a configuration that I want to move over not completely redo just because I want to change my SIP info. I do have ACD and multiple auto attendents configured. I'm stumpped and so is tac apparently because they're not getting back to me.

I've tried pulling down the trunk to none and then configuring it. Still no go. Also tried that and then install the old config again..same results. I'm able to make outbound calls no problem. Inbound calls are where my trouble is. I can see the traffic reach my box, but still internal server error!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Steven Smith about 6 years 10 months ago

PM Sent.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
SHeidemann Fri, 02/05/2010 - 09:15

Right calls come in but they don't route, no AA answer, busy signal on the calling end. Outgoing calls work fine. What are you looking for? My sip section? There's a lot more then the sip section that changes when you make the change.

Thank you

Steph

SHeidemann Fri, 02/05/2010 - 10:15

Here are the sip working config and not working config docs. If you're looking to test over to my trunk I'd rather pm you.

Thanks Stephanie

SHeidemann Fri, 02/05/2010 - 14:06

I put their name in the DNS, but the address is our DNS address. Worked fine with the test trunk. I don't think that has anything to do with the problem. Like I said the traffic hits the box, the box just doesn't route it within itself. I think my troubles may be coming from the translation-rule 410, and rule 15 is completely taken out. Also all the access-lists get taken off of the interfaces, I don't think that helps either, and it really has nothing to do with DNS.

Honestly I've spent the whole dang week trying different scenarios to get CCA to propogate the information properly, frankly I think it brakes it and is completely incapable of doing the job. Sure wish someone at Cisco would understand this and care. I suppose they just expect that if we want to switch anything SIP then we're suppose to completely reconfigure the thing from scratch.

Sorry, for the rant, and I appreciate your trying to help... I'm just a little more then irritated by the response and support I've recieved on the issue.

Thanks

Stephanie.

SHeidemann Fri, 02/05/2010 - 15:11

Hi Bob,

I suppose that could be right. At the moment I'm back on my working sip trunk waiting for help... I made that change on the working config, the results seem to do nothing different. This box has been configured completely via CCA, so I'm not sure that is what I want to do, Is that what your box says for that dial-peer? I'm going to have a look around to see what others say.

Stephanie

Steven Smith Fri, 02/05/2010 - 14:45

Can you send me the unedited configs via email?  Also, can you get a debug ccsip messages of the error that you are seeing?

SHeidemann Sat, 02/06/2010 - 12:07

So I needed a second pair of eyes and a little tweaking with my service provider. I take back everything I said about CCA and am very pleased that I was wrong. Anyone curious to know there was a + sign that gets passed through from my service provider unless I request otherwise. I had requested it on my test trunk, but forgot when it came time to switch to make the request on the live line. I appreciate Bob for trying to help me, but the information wasn't there for him to see. My boss is a lot happier with me, he was ringing my neck right before Steven got in touch, so when I was able to make the call that we were up we had a capacino to cool down with. :)

Thank you Cisco community, and many thanx to Steven Smith!

Cheers and good selling.

Stephanie

Stephanie,

Is yoru internal domain netlogic.net or is this the SIP providers?

You have the local dns and outbound-proxy set to dns that looks internal..

I am no expert, but on dial-peer voice 3001 (yourAA, it should be directed to the UC system rather than SIP server no?

it should be session target ipv4:10.1.10.1

Let me know

Bob

Actions

This Discussion