Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP over VRF

pentagel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to find out if issuing the command: address-family ipv4 vrf xxx is going to create two address-family category, one with the VRF and one without. (And automatically move the existing neighbor statements and other config settings pertinent to the new address-family IPV4 configuration. No address-family exist at the moment.) If such a move is going to happen, would that reset your peers?

Will my exisiting router BGP xxx statement with all my neighbor and stuff be left unchanged and the only address-family created will be the one for the VRF?  (That would be great!)

Thanks for any help.

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

pentagel wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to find out if issuing the command: address-family ipv4 vrf xxx is going to create two address-family category, one with the VRF and one without. (And automatically move the existing neighbor statements and other config settings pertinent to the new address-family IPV4 configuration. No address-family exist at the moment.) If such a move is going to happen, would that reset your peers?

Will my exisiting router BGP xxx statement with all my neighbor and stuff be left unchanged and the only address-family created will be the one for the VRF?  (That would be great!)

Thanks for any help.

Your existing BGP configuration will stay as it is and will not be migrated to an address-family. And it won't reset the existing BGP peering.

Jon

Great!!

Thanks for the help.

pentagel wrote:

Great!!

Thanks for the help.

No problem.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card