cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Music On Hold (MOH) issue after resource connection attempt.

Bill Brown
Level 1
Level 1

Problem:

If a agent is ready when a call comes into a queue but does not answer the call, the caller remains on hold but in silence after the failed connection.

If an agent makes himself ready while a call is holding in a queue, but does not answer the call, it stays in the queue, but hold music resumes.

Setup:

Unified CM Administrator 7.1.3.20000-2

Contact Center Express 7.0(1) SR4_Build 443

Thoughts:

I do not wish for a caller to presume that he has been disconnected.  I've thought about holding and unholding the call every minute, but do not want the caller to think the audio is choppy.  What is the best way to get this working?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am assuming you only have one select resource logic and both call scenarios follow the same path, if so this looks to be like a bug.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am assuming you only have one select resource logic and both call scenarios follow the same path, if so this looks to be like a bug.

HTH,

Chris

Yes, I've tested this coming out of the same select resource logic.  We are planning on moving from the Cisco 4.XX series over to the newer build.  I had noticed that at times during testing the hold music would stop.  I then narrowed it down as to only occurring when the described instance occurs.  My current hold time is 150 seconds for this queue.  The Call Hold command seems to be ignored when the call tries to connect to someone ready and doesn't get them.  Perhaps a delay of one second before holding the call will fix the issue.  If what I try below works, then this is definetly a bug.

Instead of:

Call Hold

Delay 115 sec

Call Unhold

I'm going to try below in the Queued section of the Select Resource command:

Delay 1 sec

Call Hold

Delay 149 sec

Call Unhold

Adding the delay of 1 second, before placing on hold, has resolved this issue.  Seems that if an agent is ready, but does not answer the call that the first step in the queued section does not get executed.  Thanks for all your help in resolving this issue, perhaps this bug will be fixed in a future release of the contact center software.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: