Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring WCCP on router interfaces for WAAS

bspear123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a question regarding configuring WCCP for WAAS.  If I have a subinterface does the "ip wccp 62 redirect in" command need to be placed on the physical interface only, on the subinterface, or on both interfaces?  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Ricardo Prado Rueda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

WCCP redirection needs to be configured on the Layer 3 interface (or subinterface) where the ip traffic that needs to be redirected is arriving. Hence, if your main interface does not have an IP address and/or is not receiving ip traffic that needs to be redirected only the subinterface requires this configuration.

Regards,

Rick.

Can the WCCP be added to a VLAN (SVI) interface on a 3560 switch? Or do each of the interfaces need to be L3. Current internet connection is on a flat vlan, PIX and DMZ router are connected to L2 interfaces on the switch, but their addresses are in the same subnet. Do I need to change the DMZ router and PIX interfaces to point-to-point L3 ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: