Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410n can not access Web admin after upgrade

heywade723
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two WAP44's,  both with the well know drop connection problem.  I upgraded the firmware on one and now I can not access the admin webpage.

I read somewhere(information is so buried on this website it's a crime) the the new firmware uses DHCP as a default.  I added the 802.11 side's MAC to the DHCP server before the upgrade so I could talk to the AP after the upgrade.  After the AP rebooted I was able to ping the AP over copper but I can not open a webpage.

Did the default home page change names?

We still have connectivity across the bridge.  I'm using IE7.

What gives?

Thanks in advance

-Wade

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reset the device after the Firmware is upgraded and try again. To reset press the Reset button for approximately 10

seconds and try again with the default IP address of the AP.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reset the device after the Firmware is upgraded and try again. To reset press the Reset button for approximately 10

seconds and try again with the default IP address of the AP.

Thanks for the reply,  I'll try that.  But like I wrote....the new firmware no longer has a default IP and instead uses DHCP,  or did I miss read that from some long lost PDF file off Ciso's website??

I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Thanks again

-Wade

If the device uses DHCP , then use the DHCP address to access the GUI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: