Views
Helpful
Replies

Outage Tonight??

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dan and Tim,

Was there supposed to be on outage tonight?

I have seen below message tonight periodically

I guess, this gives me more time to go shovel snow

Thanks,

Reza

Jive

Temporarily Unavailable

We're sorry. This site is not available at this time.

(Feb 5)

Note:

Please wait a few moments, and try doing whatever it was that you were doing again.

If that doesn't work, please contact this site's administrator.

15 Replies 15

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Reza,

I didn't notice the issue you report (I was offline). I did see a maintenance page something like 17 hours ago (at 13:00 GMT+2, washed the dishes, no snow in my area). I have also seen the performance of the site passing through different phases the last couple of days. I don't know if this was something that depends on hour of day, my browser or the NetPro team is doing tests. The performance I see right now is pure perfection! I go like 'WOW!' every time I click on a link. We have reported issues and asked for features. I guess we can't expect all this to be delivered without some outages. I think I can hear the NetPro team engines working behind the scenes (e.g. on the issue with the points in our profiles). Maybe we should leave them alone for a while. The note of the message you pasted suggests you wait, try again to do whatever you were doing, and if it doesn't work, then contact the site's administrator.

Kind Regards,
Maria

BTW: I see my status message cleared and the Pending Approvals tab on my profile marked as Reputation instead (i.e. I see 2 Reputation tabs in my profile, I guess my reputation can't fit in a single tab ).

Hi Maria,

Ok, after 36 hours on none stop snow and 16 hours of power outage finally every thing is back up now.

Anyway, I think you have 2 reputation tabs because you have such nice and bright yellow star next to your name. Now I am jealous that you have 2 reputation tabs and I only have one..

Cheers,

Reza

Hi Reza,

Don't be jealous man! Just check out your profile again. I believe you now have 2 Reputation tabs just like me. The only problem is that, in order to keep them both, you will have to sacrifice our friendship. Now that I helped you out, I hope we can mutually exchange our badge colors. Because I like the less shiny color of your badge a lot more than I like mine!

Kind Regards,
Maria

Hi all,

Sorry I bothered you with notes about performance issues the last few days. I don't know if the NetPro team has been doing anything lately that would affect perceived performance, but I have pretty much confirmed that part of the differences I saw was due to some issue with my browser. I'm using Firefox 3.5.7 and Ubuntu 9.10. The issue is a degradation in the progressive rendering of my browser. When browsing CSC the last say week, I can see some boxes on the right of Overview/Discussions tabs loading after components on the left/middle have loaded. I can even sometimes see the Recent Activity on Overview tab loading incrementally. The result is amazing. Now, if I login to Windows Live Hotmail and then logout, progressive rendering degrades up to the point where it might never happen (i.e I see all components in CSC Overview/Discussions tabs loading simultaneously after some delay). If I close Firefox and reopen, things go back to normal. I don't know if this is a known issue, but I have reproduced it 3 times.

Kind Regards,
Maria

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Reza,

The site seems to have the hiccups   IT is investigating it as I type.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

He Dan,

This is happening again today.  There is some thing going on with the site

I also get logged out randomly in the middle of responding to a post in the past few days.

Thanks,

Reza

Cisco Support Community is undergoing maintenance and is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.

Postings may contain unverified user-created content and change frequently. The content is provided as-is and is not warrantied by Cisco.

Dan

This keeps happening to me as well over the last week or so. Not sure why it's happening but at least twice a day i am getting the same page as Reza.

Jon

Hi Reza,

Thanks for passing this information along.  I spoke with IT and they are investigating the problem.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

The other strange thing that is happening a lot today is when I am logged in and I go from one sub-forum to another I get logged out.

for example:

I login using the main page, then I click on Lan routing and switching, now when I go back up to the main page and click on Wan routing and switching I get logged out.

Thanks,

Reza

Hi Reza,

I've also experienced numerous unexpected logouts as well today.  In fact, we are seeing a number of different types of hiccups today.  IT is investigating the root cause and hope to have a fix shortly.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

I Want to let you know that the site has been pretty stable in the last few days.

Thanks,

Reza

Hi Dan,

Was the site supposed to be down today (Sunday March 7) again? It was not accessible approximately from 4:00 to 6:00PM Eastern time.

Thanks,

Reza

Hi Reza,

Sorry for the late response.  I was out of town.  Well, the site wasn't suppose to be down but it was.  Our IT team is investigating the cause.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Dan,

The site was down again tonight (Thursday March 11) from 8 to 10PM Eastern time.  With what has been going on in the last few months that the new site has been lunched, it is now apparent the site is not very stable.  Is your IT department really looking into what is happening and the fact that these outages happen? It there any way for you to know what they have done and what they plan to do about these unannounced and unexpected outages?

Cheers,

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links