Helpful
Replies

Cannot route calls to agents via CM Route point

m.naresh23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Need your help on the following query.

What should I do to route calls to agent's skill group in ICM7.0 using a  simple ICM routing script Start --> LAA ---> Skill Group Selection ---> Stop

I've done all config (agent logged in and ready, device target configured (devType CiscoPhone /DN XXXX), associated Route point with “jtapi” user in CM and agent's DN with the "pguser” user in CM and so on..)

Script validates with no errors. I tested the script in monitor mode, the real test call is going  through but as soon as the call reaches the skill group node nothing works. I mean the call doesn’t get routed to any agent in that skill group even though agents are logged and in Ready mode to accept the call in that skill group.

If no agent is logged or ready in that skill group then the calls stops as expected. I can see this in the script monitor mode. Script seems to be workign fine to me. Don't understand where i made a mistake   I went through the previous Route Point related queries posted in this forum but couldn't fix the problem. 

When I dial the RP, every time I get a busy tone.

Any ideas where I might be going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Naresh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

Is the route point registered in CUCM?  meaning can you see the ip address of the ICM PG?  If you can;t you most likely need to associate the route point to the CUCM JTAPI user.  the first step is making sure its registered.

If its not registered if this is a lab or a single CUCM, just restart the CTI manager and it will most likely register.

If its registered and you see the call come into ICM in debug mode, you probably are missing lables and device target's for the agen't who is ready?  Do you see the agent go to 'reserved' in the agent desktop and the call just doesnt get delivered?

HTH,

Chad

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

Is the route point registered in CUCM?  meaning can you see the ip address of the ICM PG?  If you can;t you most likely need to associate the route point to the CUCM JTAPI user.  the first step is making sure its registered.

If its not registered if this is a lab or a single CUCM, just restart the CTI manager and it will most likely register.

If its registered and you see the call come into ICM in debug mode, you probably are missing lables and device target's for the agen't who is ready?  Do you see the agent go to 'reserved' in the agent desktop and the call just doesnt get delivered?

HTH,

Chad

Hi Chad,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have deleted and recreated the Device Targets + labels for all extensions and it WORKED .  I dial the RP number, agents can take calls.

Awesome!!

Just out of curiosity want to understand - RP is registered but it shows the Call Manager IP Address whereas your comments differ (you said it should show ICM PG IP address), why is it so ? I have setup a SPRAWLER in Lab.

Cheers,

Naresh

Well It should show 2 ip addresses correct?  The IP Address of the CCM its registered to, and the IP Address of the device, in this case our PG.  Maybe It's the other IP?  can you take a screenshot, I do occasionally get things wrong .

Chad

Hi Chad,

All I see on the Route Point config page is  STATUS  shows Call Manager's hostname and IP ADDRESS column shows the Call Manager’s IP address.

Regards,

Naresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: