Using ACU without PCMCIA Lan adapter

Unanswered Question
Feb 6th, 2010

Hi

I am buying a new laptop which has no PCMCIA slot for my Cisco wireless lan adapter. I currently use (and have been for 6 years) Aironet Client Utility to peform wireless surveys. All the engineers in my team find it easy to work with as it clearly shows the Access Point that the card is associated with. I would still like to use ACU but am not sure how it will work on the internal wireless adapter of my new laptop. Is there a way of using ACU without the AIR PCM350 series Lan adapter. Alternatively does anyone know of a similar survey tool?

Many thanks

Alvin

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
George Stefanick Sat, 02/06/2010 - 07:42

I feel your pain. Newer PCs are not being built with PCMCIA slots, but they do come with express slots and you can purchase a express to pcmcia   converter. here is an example

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=pcmcia+to+pc+express&ved=0CCIQrQQwAg&cid=1159910499529702816&sa=title#p

I need to ask, why are you surveying with such an only card that does only 802.11b?

what internal card do you have? there are other survey products like airmagnet ...

i hope you find this post helpful

Actions

This Discussion