Views
Helpful
Replies

Server Configuration after DMA import.

twfredericks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone!

I recently did an upgrade for one of my customers from 4.2(3) to 7.1(3) using DMA. The DMA process went excellent and everything was transferred over successfully. The problem is that the original 4.2(3) publisher, 192.168.4.2 still shows up as the publisher under System --> Servers in the new 7.1(3) cluster when in actuality the new 7.1(3) publisher is 192.168.4.4.

If I SSH to the publisher and do a show network cluster or go to the OS Administration pages and go to Show --> Cluster all the servers show up with their appropriate roles:

192.168.4.4 Publisher

192.168.5.5 Subscriber

192.168.5.3 CUPS Subscriber

The system won't let me delete the old server, 192.168.4.2, because it thinks that it is the Publisher. For this reason I have a bunch of configuration that is tied to the old publisher that I can't get rid off. Is there anything I can do? The cluster is working fine and I'm not having any replication issues that I am aware of but it is bothersome to me that both of my CUCM servers are showing up as subscribers in CUCM Administration.

I appreciate any help or direction. THANKS!

Tom Fredericks

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you change the IP address during the DMA process?  I typically do not change IPs during the DMA process.  I wait for the entire cluster to come up and sync before changing any IP addresses.

You may need TAC to clean this out manually in the root if that is the case

Unfortunately I had to change the IP address of the servers because I did the upgrade to the existing servers and during business hours. I couldn't bring an 7.1(3) publisher up with the same IP address as the 4.2(3) publisher or it would cause havoc in the network with TFTP and Call Processing. Do you think that Cisco TAC could fix this issue without causing any problems in the new database? I don't want to mess anything up since everything is working right now - but I would like to clean up the configuration.

Thanks!

Tom Fredericks

Yeah, that was probably a mistake.  The correct procedure is once you DMA the server for CUCM 7.x, is bring down the 4.x publisher, bring up the 7x publisher, then re-install the subscribers and bring one by one down, then one by one up.

I believe they can.  Its worth a shot to call TAC and ask them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: