cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SR520 IPSec VPN Tunnel Site-To-Site

tedtucker
Level 1
Level 1

So I purchased a SR-520-FE-K9 to be used as a VPN endpoint to a RV042 VPN Server. I have set undreds of Site-To-Site VPN tunnels up with no problem... Untill I recieved my new purchase... Before purchasing I took a quick look at the Cisco Configuration Assistant and thought I could just "add" a VPN tunnel, I didn't really take the time to check it out becuase why would such a nice router with a neat custom software not be able to configure a ipsec vpn tunnel.

So here is what I ask.. am I missing something?

Is this guide the only resource to adding a ipsec vpn tunnel?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/500/520/software/configuration/guide/520scg_vpn_gre.html

Must this tunnel be created entirly from the CLI?

Thanks everybody for taking the time to read this. It sure makes me think twice about switching from watchguard products on all of our sites!

-Ted

4 Replies 4

tedtucker
Level 1
Level 1

Is there somthing that I am missing? I feel this should be such a quintessential ability of the sr 520.

Hopelessly looking..

-Ted

Sir,

Thank you for contacting the Cisco Community.  I believe the document you're looking for is the Admin Guide.

[Edit] Correction.  Here is the Admin Guide.

Thanks,

Jeff.

Jeff,

Thank you for your reply. This would still seem to be missing a configuration section on site-to-site ipsec vpn... OTHER than users using multiple like products that can be managed in the multisite manager OR users using cisco Easy VPN.

Is there something that I am missing here?

Thanks,

Ted

Agian I was looking for a setup for a site-to-site (gateway to gateway) ipsec VPN tunnel.

-Ted

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: