Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP and the java files

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

Where could I find the java (jar files) that are using by the CVP to integrate with the database? Is it in the CVP Studio or the CVP VXML Server?

This jar files are used by the script to do a queries and execute some functionalities on the CRM application.

Any advise?

Regards

Bilal

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This would be located on the VMXL server itself....

HTH,

Chad

View solution in original post

It won't appear int he ropdown, but you can just type the class in... such as...

stuffanthing()

in the action element.

You may be able to add it to the local CVP studio project before uploading, if I had to take a guess I would say go to the project in your workspace and all the jar file to the .classpath file.  This should load her in.  You can also check the CVP SDK documentation at developer.cisco.com.  Maybe if hes lurking, geoff will jump in since im sure he knows this procedure, i personally always just manually upload the jar's to VXMLServer/common/lib myself...

Cheers,

Chad

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

They are either located in the CVP root under common/lib

or they are located under CVProot/VXMLServer/applications//lib

as far as which file the classes are in, you can open jar's with different programs including winrar, just to see what clas files are in it..

HTH, please rate useful posts..

Chad

Thanks a lot for the kind reply and great support.

Is it in the CVP Studio machine, or in the CVP VXM Server machine?

Regards

Bilal

This would be located on the VMXL server itself....

HTH,

Chad

Thanks really for the help.

But sure this jar file has to be placed in the CVP Studio to be used by the CVP script, this before uploading it for the VXML server, correct? In that case, where it should be placed in the CVP Studio so the java classes can be shown (available) in the Action icon to be called? Any special format or settings need to be done for this jar file so its classes will be possible to use it in the Action icon?

Regards

Bilal

It won't appear int he ropdown, but you can just type the class in... such as...

stuffanthing()

in the action element.

You may be able to add it to the local CVP studio project before uploading, if I had to take a guess I would say go to the project in your workspace and all the jar file to the .classpath file.  This should load her in.  You can also check the CVP SDK documentation at developer.cisco.com.  Maybe if hes lurking, geoff will jump in since im sure he knows this procedure, i personally always just manually upload the jar's to VXMLServer/common/lib myself...

Cheers,

Chad

That is fine Chad, u helped me alot.

But still I need a help to know if there is a special format or special steps to do it to be allowed to use the java classes of that jar file within the Action element, I am afraid there is something missing need to be done, otherwise I can not use these classes?

You only put them in the VXML server in the path mentioned and you do not do any thing else?

About the body of the java class it self, there is not any special format need to do it so I can use it from the Action element?

You and the forum help kindly is highly appreciated.

Regards

Bilal

I will see if I can get you a screenshot, im being very literally. In CVP Studio when you drag the action element in, it says "class"..

under here just put your class in as referenced above.  'TestClass()'  just like that, and of course if you want you can pass in parameters..

Upload the jar file to VXMLServer/common/lib ...  restart the VXML server process on the server or through OAMP.

Upload the application with OAMP, if its new it will automatically deploy, and if its old you need to go under VMXLServer/Applications//admin/ and there is an update_app.bat file or something like that you must run..

You should now be able to place a call in, which runs that CVP app and run that class..

You can check the VXMLServer/Applications//logs to see the CVP app and a bit about the running of the app to make sure it ran, and what each element returned.

Does this make sense?  I will work on that screenshot.

Cheers,

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: