Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIP LAB recommend

aotegaoteg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i passed my CCNA over a mth ago after taken a mth off, im now ready to fufill much more

Could you recommend what cisco devices are needed to finish the CCIP certifaction..

and is the CCIP going to have a major change in the comming 2 - 3 years just like the recent changes with CCNP..

Cheers.

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

i passed my CCNA over a mth ago after taken a mth off, im now ready to fufill much more

Could you recommend what cisco devices are needed to finish the CCIP certifaction..

and is the CCIP going to have a major change in the comming 2 - 3 years just like the recent changes with CCNP..

Cheers.

Hi,

For preparing CCIP certification you can have GNS3 simulator which can perform all the module lab which are  necesary for CCIP.

Hope that help

Ganesh.H

Hi,

I have not recieved the right answer so far, i know GNS3 can perform most routing and switching tasks..

besized that i want to get a real feel for the device.. as i do not think GNS3 can perform well with QOS or may be MPLS

i have access to the following Test-Bed devices below, would all theses devices support the CCIP Cert.

2X 1800 Series Routers

4X 3500 Series Switches

Question 2

--

Is the CCIP going to have a major change in the comming 2 - 3 years just like the recent changes with CCNP..

Cheers

Hi,

I have not recieved the right answer so far, i know GNS3 can perform most routing and switching tasks..

besized that i want to get a real feel for the device.. as i do not think GNS3 can perform well with QOS or may be MPLS

i have access to the following Test-Bed devices below, would all theses devices support the CCIP Cert.

2X 1800 Series Routers

4X 3500 Series Switches

Question 2

--

Is the CCIP going to have a major change in the comming 2 - 3 years just like the recent changes with CCNP..

Cheers

Hi ,

cisco 1800 series router can be used in MPLS lab and 2800 is also good for lab practise for CCIP check out the below link for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6557/prod_white_paper0900aecd8051fbdc.html

and for question 2 till now no messages from cisco in regards for CCIP modules.

Hope to help

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: