cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC high avialabilty

wael.kamal
Level 1
Level 1

my teamleader give me a task to impliment NAC in an enterprise nertwork solution :

the solution contains wireless system using wireless LAN controller, VPN over WAN ,  reduendancy for every device .

1. i want to impliment NAC manager high availabilty and NAC server high avilabilty  from the istallation guide i found many senerios

2. i want  impliment the NAC server INband  what recomendations layer 2 or layer 3 implimentaions

3. i saw in the installation guide that in NAC high avialabilt use serial cabel  and no info about it

thank you for your help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

wkamil123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The best solution for you is to deploy CCA in a L3 OOB central deployment mode. Local users will be connected to CAS in L2 OOB.

In future you can easily deploy NAC at the branche offices.

Looking for your network scheme, you must connect CAM and CAS to switchs WS-C4509-E.

CAM and CAS are using serial cable as a null modem, you can use it but it's not necessary if you connected two CAMs through crossover ethernet cable.

Kamil,

View solution in original post

Why not?

On which device are you terminated IPSec tunnels? It's a Cisco ASA?

So, you can easily add to the CAM Cisco ASA as a VPN concentrator. Furthermore, you can deploy VPN SSO, if you have on the network environment Microsoft Active Directory server.

Kamil,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

wkamil123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The best solution for you is to deploy CCA in a L3 OOB central deployment mode. Local users will be connected to CAS in L2 OOB.

In future you can easily deploy NAC at the branche offices.

Looking for your network scheme, you must connect CAM and CAS to switchs WS-C4509-E.

CAM and CAS are using serial cable as a null modem, you can use it but it's not necessary if you connected two CAMs through crossover ethernet cable.

Kamil,

i think L3OOBand deploment  will not work with IPSEC VPN and there are some  clients using  cisco VPN client

Why not?

On which device are you terminated IPSec tunnels? It's a Cisco ASA?

So, you can easily add to the CAM Cisco ASA as a VPN concentrator. Furthermore, you can deploy VPN SSO, if you have on the network environment Microsoft Active Directory server.

Kamil,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card