Inside network 192.168.0.0

Outside interface (connected to main link) 1.1.1.1

Backup interface (connected to ISP) 2.2.2.2

Site 2

Inside network 192.168.1.0

Outside interface (connected to main link) 3.3.3.3

Backup interface (connectd to ISP) 4.4.4.4

What I would like is to:-

i. Normally created IPsec between the two sites using the links on the "outside interface" between 1.1.1.1 and 3.3.3.3

ii. Create a 2nd rule, so if the "main" link is down that it uses the link 2.2.2.2 and 3.3.3.3

Any ideas how this could be acheived using a single ASA 5510 at each site? I thought of creating a single map with muliple peers at site one, using static mapping to tell the ASA to direct traffic for 2.2.2.2 via the 2nd interface, but when I come to bind the crptomap I relaise that each rule can only be bound to one interface.

I have the same situation but in recverse at site two.

2 Replies 2

cmite
Level 1
Level 1

Hello... since it looks like you have two interfaces on the ASA and two ISPs perhaps you can use IP SLA per the link below.

http://www.inacom-sby.net/Shawn/post/2007/11/Cisco-IP-SLA-for-failover.aspx

Here's another link with a PIX that shows how to configure the interfaces (global) and NAT.

Hope it helps.

Sorry... I re-read this and realize your ASA is the vpn terminating device. I used the IP SLA with a vpn router behind the ASA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: