Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Cisco Security Manager 3.3.0 to 3.3.1

rhornberger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to do an upgrade from 3.3.0 SP1 to 3.3.1 with no success.  Every time the setup wizard bombs out with an error, checking the backup logs it appears the following is happening:

No errors reported
    Stopping database engine cmfEng
SQL Anywhere Command File Hiding Utility Version 10.0.1.3830
    Starting database engine rmengEng
[Mon Feb  8 08:18:19 2010]  ERROR(1280): Fatal error: Database engine 'rmengEng' could not be started on database 'rmengdb' in Bulk mode..
[Mon Feb  8 08:18:19 2010]  Backup failed: 2010/02/08 08:18:29
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From there the whole setup process starts.  I tried to do a fix on the database using the following command and it just fails saying the database was created with a different version:

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\objects\db\win32\dbsrv10 -f C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\databases\rmeng\rmeng.db

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

hsakalla
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to get an answer on this? I am running into the same issue. Let me know, thanks.

Hani

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

I'm trying to do an upgrade from 3.3.0 SP1 to 3.3.1 with no success.  Every time the setup wizard bombs out with an error, checking the backup logs it appears the following is happening:

No errors reported
    Stopping database engine cmfEng
SQL Anywhere Command File Hiding Utility Version 10.0.1.3830
    Starting database engine rmengEng
[Mon Feb  8 08:18:19 2010]  ERROR(1280): Fatal error: Database engine 'rmengEng' could not be started on database 'rmengdb' in Bulk mode..
[Mon Feb  8 08:18:19 2010]  Backup failed: 2010/02/08 08:18:29
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From there the whole setup process starts.  I tried to do a fix on the database using the following command and it just fails saying the database was created with a different version:

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\objects\db\win32\dbsrv10 -f C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\databases\rmeng\rmeng.db

Any ideas?

Hi,

Check out the below link hope to help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cisco_security_manager/security_manager/3.3.1/release/notes/csmrn331.html

Ganesh.H

I already went through this link and all the installation instructions. It didn't mention anything about this error.

I thought in the beginning that we had changes that were not commited/deployed; no use.

I might just have to open a ticket with TAC.

--H

As per TAC, uninstall CiscoWorks RME (Resource Manager Essentials). The new CSM will install the update version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card