Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 7.1 demo IPVMS & Messaging interface services not running

mcibanez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm installing a VM running CM 7.1.2.20000-2 in a demo lab, so I'm using the included demo license.

However, once installed I did activate all services, and although the IPVMS and the Cisco Messaging Interface services say that they are Activated, they are indeed Not running.
If I try to restart the IPVMS service I get the following message: 'Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App Service Start Operation was Successful' but it is still not running.

Then I tried to replicate in an MCS environment (same version, demo license) and the IPVMS runs but the Messaging Interface doesn't.I did un upgrade to 7.1.2.30000 and then to 7.1.2.31900 and the issue still persists with the Messaging Interface service.

I don't care that much about the Messaging Interface, but for sure I'd like to have CMv7 VM in my lab so I'm still worried about the IPVMS not running in the VM demo environment.

Has anyone run into this issue before?
Does anyone know if the demo license has any restriction with the services running? I did install VM CM's for almost any 6.X version and I never saw this problem before, so I'm wondering wether it is something specific with my installation DVD or version 7 related.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Carmen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carmen,

Cisco Messaging Interface Service

This is only used with legacy VM integrations so no need to worry

The Cisco Messaging Interface allows you to connect a simplified message desk interface (SMDI)-compliant external **Third Party** voice-mail system with the Cisco CallManager. The CMI service provides the communication between the voice-mail system and Cisco CallManager. The SMDI defines a way for a phone system to provide a voice-mail system with the information needed to intelligently process incoming calls.

Genrally the Cisco Messaging Interface (CMI) is a Cisco CallManager service that should be run only on the publisher server. This service intercepts calls destined for voicemail and generates appropriate SMDI messages, which are then delivered to one of the server's Component Object Model (COM) ports.

For the IPVMS issue this is a known problem with VM builds;

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccvp/46458-cucmbe-7-1-2-vmware.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carmen,

Cisco Messaging Interface Service

This is only used with legacy VM integrations so no need to worry

The Cisco Messaging Interface allows you to connect a simplified message desk interface (SMDI)-compliant external **Third Party** voice-mail system with the Cisco CallManager. The CMI service provides the communication between the voice-mail system and Cisco CallManager. The SMDI defines a way for a phone system to provide a voice-mail system with the information needed to intelligently process incoming calls.

Genrally the Cisco Messaging Interface (CMI) is a Cisco CallManager service that should be run only on the publisher server. This service intercepts calls destined for voicemail and generates appropriate SMDI messages, which are then delivered to one of the server's Component Object Model (COM) ports.

For the IPVMS issue this is a known problem with VM builds;

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccvp/46458-cucmbe-7-1-2-vmware.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for the quick response. I wish I had posted this before trying so many tests... :-)

In fact I was not worried about the Messaging Interface which I never had to use before, but I do about the IPVMS... it is really very important to have it running!

I knew about the AMD problem as I couldn't install CMv7.0 in VM and I had to move to 7.1 to bypass it, but I didn't imagine this services issue was again due to the AMD thing...

I'll try to find out if it is solved in any later release.

Best regards,

Carmen

Hi all,

I am facing the same problem about Cisco Messaging Interface. Any responses?

G.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: