cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there an easy way to find out if a user has a message in their voicemail.

gonzalezel
Level 1
Level 1

Is there an easy way to find out if a user has a message in their voicemail from the

UNITY subscriber page? Or anywhere I can look to see if they do.  I don't have access to the exchange servers.  We are currently running UNITY 5.0(1).  thanks

5 Replies 5

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

well one way to see, im sure there must be others, is to check under subscribers, messages. and check to see if MWI IS "ON".

That's is true most days, today all the message waiting lights are on and there is no message in the voicemail. That is why I am trying to find another way.

Sounds like you need to refresh the MWI state.  What flavor of Unity are you running?

Currently doing the refresh of MWI on UNITY 5.0(1). McAfee Group Shield was installed on Exchange servers this weekend and I believe it is the cause of all my issues today.

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way you'll be able to do that is to login to Outlook Web Access, or possibly setup an IMAP client to that user's mailbox or have TAC run the DohPropTest in attach mode to return the contents of the user's inbox.  If the first two don't work, I'd go with the latter and let TAC help you verify if there are any messages in the inbox that are unread.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: