cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS appliance upgrade: 3.3(3)-11 to 5.0

ww9rivers
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running 2 ACS 1110 (?) appliances with code version 3.3(3)-11. They are due to be upgraded to 2 new ACS 1120 appliances with ACS 5.0. I've looked around Cisco.com but don't find a step-by-step guide to such an upgrade path.

My questions are:

1. Does ACS 5.0 support direct upgrade from 3.3.3? By that I mean, is it possible to take a backup file from old appliance and restore it in the new one?
  2. If not, what are the intermediary steps? Do I need to take the backup file and restore it in an intermediate ACS version?

Thanks!

--

Wei

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Wei,

No, it does not support direct upgrade to 5.x. You need to upgrade it to 4.1 or 4.2 and then to 5.1.  I would suggest to work with TAC to get all the software required to get the DB up to the required version for migration to 5.x.

Database can also be migrated.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Wei,

No, it does not support direct upgrade to 5.x. You need to upgrade it to 4.1 or 4.2 and then to 5.1.  I would suggest to work with TAC to get all the software required to get the DB up to the required version for migration to 5.x.

Database can also be migrated.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: