Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM - Sharing Interface Vlans

Oscar Cardiel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am trying to share two vlans in two different contexts but when I try to add the same vlan in the second context I receive this message: “Interface Vlan15 cannot be allocated to context. Interface is allocated to another context in a different failover group”. I have seen same example where you can share the same vlans; so I don’t know where is my fail.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm31/configuration/guide/exampl_f.html#wp1029314

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct.

Move both failover groups to one blade so, they both show active on one blade.

Now, move the context A(previous one) to a diff. failover group. Now, you can add the vlan to context B which will also be in the same failover group.

-KS

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe you are using active/active failover.

If that is the case then the context that you are creating should also belong in the same failover group as you are trying to share a vlan between contexts that is in a diff. failover group.

Both contexts that share a vlan should belong in the same failover group. I believe that is the problem.

-KS

Thanks for your answer, Kusankar.

You are right; the contexts are in different failover group. Is it not possible to share the same interface vlan then?

Regards

Correct.

Move both failover groups to one blade so, they both show active on one blade.

Now, move the context A(previous one) to a diff. failover group. Now, you can add the vlan to context B which will also be in the same failover group.

-KS

Yes it is, you are right again, fantastic!.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate that.

Regards

Oscar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card