ITSP "virtual" lines

Unanswered Question
Feb 8th, 2010
User Badges:

I  have the spa9000+spa400 & spa942 x 3 + spa962 x 1 all with the latest firmware as of February 7 2010.

I was previously using the SPA400 with three analog lines and had the SPA9000 set up so that inbounds calls on each of the lines would illuminate a separate LED on each phone (I used a set of shared "virtual" extensions that were set to the spare buttons on each phone).  This way when a call came in on a line, any of the phones could answer it by just pressing the button next to the flashing led, and you could put it on hold so that someone else could easily pick it up.  It also allowed for easy answering of calls while you were on the line with another call (put the current caller on hold and just press the button next to the flashing led).  In addition, it was easy to see the remote caller id information for each in-process or on-hold call.  This was working great and the users loved it.

It was accomplished using the SPA400 capability to provide a unique id to calls coming in on a specific line (using the port id) and the inbound routing capability of the SPA9000. 

We have since replaced the analog lines with an ITSP and would like to duplicate the functionality we had with the analog lines.  The problem is that all of the calls come in over a single line that we have registered with the ITSP and we have no way of identifying/distinguishing each call so that we could route it to one of the virtual extensions.  In other words, what we would want is for the first inbound call to light up led1, the second to light up led2, and the third to light up led3. Calls after that could go to AA.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Mark

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
markgruber Tue, 03/09/2010 - 06:41
User Badges:

Thanks for the info.  But this just shows me the status of the extension, not the actual "call" or "line".  With this approach one phone cannot put the call on hold using the hold button and have another phone pick it up by pressing the flashing led.

Mark

Actions

This Discussion