Replies

Webex - Integration with Polycom Teleconference platform

fodermat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

The following white paper

http://www.webex.com/pdf/wp_collaborative.pdf

Speaks about Polycom integration with Webex. However, it was written in 2002 :-)

Has any one there been able to integrate Polycom videoconference screens with Webex?

Our customer wants to integrate VSX 3000 videoconf systems, but we don´t really see how we can integrate external systems with no browser into the video & audio bridges from Webex Meeting Center.

Any comments will be appreciated!

Thanks

Javier

7 Replies 7

edgar_silva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Javier,

We ware able to solve that issue, with a workaround...

If you stil need info on this, please send me an email that i can explain it to you...

Thanks

Hi ,

How did you manage to integrate cisco webex with polycom network  ? esp h239 people+content ?

Hi Edgar, how did you solve this issue? could you give your email?

Thanks

Gerard

Folks has anyone been able to integrate?  We have a Polycom HDX 9000 series and want to integrate w/ WebEx Meeting Center...anyone successful in doing this??

thank you,

David Young

Hi Edgar,

how did you solve this issue? We have a Polycom HDX8000.

Thanks

Octavian

The best option these days is to integrate your video conferencing systems externally (with the cloud).

This way you can connect remote users (that are using their PCs WebRTC browser) with your video conferencing rooms.

In addition, you can connect externally your video conferencing rooms with any other video conferencing system (from your customers, partners, etc) easily and securely.

To connect your video systems to the cloud, you should use VEEDEEO (www.veedeeo.me) - it's a new cloud video connectivity service that has a "dial-in architecture" (similar to audio conferencing, but for video): any video endpoint ca connect to the VEEDEEO cloud and have secure video meetings outside your network.

This systems is really breaking the barriers in video communications.

carlost
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We have built a cloud platform that enables you to connect video conference systems (Polycom, Cisco, Avaya, Tandberg, Lifesize, etc) with any other external video system system, as well as with computers.

This platform is called VEEDEEO (www.veedeeo.me) - please take a look.

Using this platform you can connect remote users using just their PCs browser (no need to install anything - pure WebRTC) and your video conference rooms easily and securely.

You can test your video system connectivity to the VEEDEEO cloud before. If needeed we can provide support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: