cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS CMS Scheduled Backup

Patrick Murphy
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to schedule a backup of the WAAS Central Manager to a remote server?  The only thing I can find is how to do it manually via the "cms database backup" backup command?  Maybe there is way to add a script or cron job?

4 Replies 4

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Patrick,

There is currently no way to automate this command from within WAAS.  You could, however, host a script on an external system that would access the CLI of CM and execute this backup command.  Another alternative is to have a Standby CM that the primary will automatically synchronize configuration and statistics with.

Regards,

Zach

Do you know if this is a feature to be implemented in the 4.2 release!?

It would be very useful...

Thanks

I don't see this feature in the 4.2 release, nor do I see it on the roadmap.  Your Cisco Account Manager or SE can file an enhancement request if you would like to see this in a future WAAS release.  If they have any questions, please feel free to have them contact me directly.

Regards,

Zach

Thanks for the information.  I'll see about requesting this feature for future releases.

Thanks,

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: