Helpful
Replies

ASA will not take setting from ASDM

marcuslupi
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a new ASA 5505

ASA Version 7.2.(4) ASDM Version 5.2(4)

I am using the Startup Wizard and I want to set the inside to 192.168.10.1 because I will be VPN'ing to another ASA already at 192.168.1.1.

I run through the wizard, change DHCP, disable DMZ option (not needed). I click the final save setting.

And the setting are not saved.

ASDM is locked out but Router still at same IP, even after power cycle.....

[ERROR] Interface vlan1

ASDM received an error while sending this command.  Click Resend and, if the browser

prompts you to verify a new certificate or to provide a username and password, please do so.

"I have accept the certificate and am still using the default user name and password"

Interface vlan1

[ERROR] ip address  192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0

Command not sent.

[ERROR] Interface vlan3

Command not sent.

Interface vlan3

[ERROR] shutdown

Command not sent.

[ERROR] ip address  10.10.50.1 255.255.255.0

Command not sent.

[ERROR] no dhcpd address 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.33 inside

Command not sent.

Any suggestions on what I am missing??

Client does have internet access, but I not going to try the VPN unitl I have different internal ranges.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dvella
Level 1
Level 1

One way around this is to set the inside IP Address using a console cable ... Then go back to using the ASDM on the new IP address.  You will probably also need to change the addresses from where you are allowed to manage your ASA.

I used to have conflicts between the DHCP settings and the IP address of the interface on the PIX.  Don't remember if it's the same for the ASA.... but you may need to remove the DHCP, change the IP address and reconfigure the DHCP

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dvella
Level 1
Level 1

One way around this is to set the inside IP Address using a console cable ... Then go back to using the ASDM on the new IP address.  You will probably also need to change the addresses from where you are allowed to manage your ASA.

I used to have conflicts between the DHCP settings and the IP address of the interface on the PIX.  Don't remember if it's the same for the ASA.... but you may need to remove the DHCP, change the IP address and reconfigure the DHCP

Using the Console did fix issue

This command below reset DHCPD, ASDM, etc

conf factory-default 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0
write memory

Thanks for the Suggestions

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: