cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a dynamic welcome prompt

PrettyMattKelly
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to create a dynamic welcome prompt with Cisco CRS Editor?  I work for a university, and I would like a way to call into our Auto Attendant to change the default greeting in case of a closing due to inclement weather.  I would like to be able to call in and select between the default greeting or have the option to create and post an alternate greeting.

How can I do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, this can be done.  Create your main script normally, specifying the wav file for your greeting.  Then create 2 new scripts (or 1 script that gives both options); The first script will record a new wav file and save it as the name of the wav file you specified in the main and the second file will copy a backup version of the original to the original filename to return the greeting to normal.  We use this method ourselves for reporting network-wide issues to callers into our helpdesk.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Yes, this can be done.  Create your main script normally, specifying the wav file for your greeting.  Then create 2 new scripts (or 1 script that gives both options); The first script will record a new wav file and save it as the name of the wav file you specified in the main and the second file will copy a backup version of the original to the original filename to return the greeting to normal.  We use this method ourselves for reporting network-wide issues to callers into our helpdesk.

Thank you so much for your reply.  I got the first part of what you said to work.  I can record a new prompt which replaces the current prompt.  However, I'm not sure how to copy the default prompt back.  I'm kind of just feeling my way through this so I'm not really very strong with writing the scripts.  Which step icon would I use to copy the saved prompt back to the default location?  Thanks again for your help.

Just create a variable called Defaul_Prompt or Original_Prompt and specify a Prompt from the Prompt Repository.  Then use the Upload Prompt method.  he document will be the prompt variable you just created.  Specify the name and you're golden.

Sorry to keep bugging you about this, but I'm still not getting it to work.  Here's my code, I'm probably doing something wrong.  Under Menu, the Record New subroutine works, but the Restore Default doesn't.  Can you tell me what it should look like?  Thanks again.

It looks like you are using the Write Document method instead of Upload Prompt, which is fine.  However, it looks like you are trying to write the file back onto itself.  You want to create the Fiel Document, like you are doing, but then you should be writing it to 'filename', like you are when you record the new one.  Instead, you created the File Document from a text string, then write it right back to the same test string.

So remove the Upload Prompt method, and change the Write Document method just above it to (Default_Prompt to Filename).

Chris

It works!  Thanks so much for helping me out.  Sorry for my crappy programming skills...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: