cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFwdAll Softkey

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

I am quite familiar with what the CFwdAll button does. I was wondering if there is a way to program a 7961 phone to ring to another extension from 4:30 PM until 6:00 AM.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

You mean automatically, without requiring that your user turn it on and off with CFwdAll?  Yes.  This is from someone who wanted calls to go to VM, but you can just create a Translation Pattern instead of a Route Point in the Afterhours_PT if you want to ring a different extension.

Create one or more Time Periods that coresponds to the times that you want the calls forwarded to VM.

Create a Time Schedule that includes all of the Time Periods you just created.

Create a new partition, Afterhours-PT (or whatever you like).  Assign it the Time Schedule you just created.

(These three are all done from the Call Routing | Class of Control menu)

Create one Route Point for each DN that you want forwarded to VM.  For each...

Assign Line 1 to the same number as the DN you want forwarded, but in the Afterhours-PT.

Assign the Voice Mail Profile

Check the Voice Mail box next to Call Forward All

Edit your Calling Search Space.  If you have multiple, either edit them all, or just the one(s) that apply to your incoming calls (i.e. assigned to your voice gateway(s)).  Insert the Afterhours-PT and move it up the list so that it is first.

I do not want to the calls to go to voice mail. I want ext: 8400 to automatically forward their calls to ext: 8478 starting at 4:30 PM until 6:00 AM after which ext: 8400 would start receiving calls.

Right, so instead on creating a Route Point, create a Translation Pattern in the Afterhours_PT that translates 8400 to 8478 (with the appropriate Calling Search Space).  If the Partition is available, as determined by the schedule you created, the incoming call to 8400 will hit the translation pattern before it hits the actual phone, and will be translated into a call to 8478.  Sorry about the confusion, but I just cut and pasted fro anothe post I made.

This is what I am trying to do:

Night service—All incoming calls are automatically diverted during night-service hours. The target destination for diverted calls is specified in the router configuration.

It is not possible to do that with CME unless a TCL/IVR script is used.

If you're interested in acquiring such a script, contact me at the address present in my profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: