Views
Helpful
Replies

Call waiting on 2431 FXS ports

Geester22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How do I enable call waiting on FXS ports on 2431 IADs? I tried several different configuration commands and they either do not apply to the chassis or do not seem to work. I am running IOS 12.4(24)T1. Are there SIP message constraints? The device receives secondary INVITE messages sent from the proxy on active calls and responds with 100 and 180 messages, but these do not translate to CW activity on the FXS ports.

Thanks,

Guy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I stand corrected. See link for supplementary features on FXS ports with SIP server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_s01.html#wp1252293

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From what I know, FXS port do not support call waiting in SIP mode.

I stand corrected. See link for supplementary features on FXS ports with SIP server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_s01.html#wp1252293

Thanks for your reply.  I had originally tried that command and assumed it did not work, since I did not observe the CW CAS, two wire treatment, or CIDCW transmission.  However, I re-tested and issued a hookflash anyway and the line connected to the second call.

Now, my problem has changed.  It appears that call waiting works (the ability to switch calls), but there is no CPE alerting.  How do I get that to work?

Yes, I did that and there is no CPE alerting.  Are there other commands required to accomplish this?

As indicated in the configuration guide. Then if something doesn't work right for you, you have to engage TAC escalation team and be very patient.

Geester22
Level 1
Level 1

I'll try TAC.  I'm not so sure about the patience part though... 

Thanks for your help!

They must be patient with customer, and vice-versa, until problem is solved.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking the stars before.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: