SA520W Firmware Upgrade Issue

Unanswered Question
Feb 8th, 2010

I was upgrading my firmware on the SA520W. Not realizing that clicking "Switch" wasn't the way to upload the new firmware, I switched Firmware to an empty version. This has caused my SA520W to completely stop working.

The ports light, but the DIAG light is stuck on and the reset button does nothing when tapped to restart or held 5 seconds for moving back to factory defaults. What is the fix for this?

Mike Souders

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
misouder Mon, 02/08/2010 - 13:07

No dice Steve, same issue, any more ideas?

I unplugged it, pressed and held the reset, plugged it back in and held it for 20 seconds, I then released and pressed and held reset for another 20 after that and still stuck with DIAG lit.

Steven Smith Mon, 02/08/2010 - 13:12

Try this.

Press and hold the Reset button on the front panel about the security

appliance for about 10 seconds, until the test LED lights and then blinks.

Release the button and wait for the security appliance to reboot. If the

security appliance does not restart automatically; manually restart it to make

the default settings effective.

misouder Mon, 02/08/2010 - 13:17

I get ZERO response from the SA520W from pressing the "Reset" button no matter how long I hold it.

I have also restarted it a few times to no avail.

Message was edited by: misouder

misouder Thu, 02/11/2010 - 14:24

Just wondering if there is any update on this issue.

I am working with the SA500 to see if it would be a good solution to bundle with some healthcare partners as they sell their electronic health record applications to small providers. It is hard to do an evaluation to see if this meets our requirements if it is offline and not working...

Appreciate any help I can get on this.

Steven Smith Wed, 02/17/2010 - 08:29

I have spoken with the development team, and this box will require an RMA.  Please open up a case and describe what happened and what you have done.  If you have any problems getting the RMA completed, please give me the case number.

M.Khaghani Fri, 04/29/2011 - 09:55

Its the same problem happened to mine today, Did you find the solution ?

juliomar Mon, 05/02/2011 - 09:54

Hi Mohsen,

I would advise that you please contact the Cisco Small Business Support Center to help you either get your device working again or to initiate an RMA.

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} Their phone number is: 1-866-606-1866.

The following page contains the pertinent contact list.

Best regards,

M.Khaghani Tue, 05/03/2011 - 05:12

Hi Julio,

Thanks for the reply, As you advised I have called the UK`s small business branch on 0800 917 5473, bud unfortunatley after half an hour disscusion regardin my case, they told me there is nothing they could do for this problem as my device`s waranty has been run out last month. So. I do appreciate of any other idea.

King regards,

This Discussion

Related Content