Windows XP Pro - SWVMS 1.2.1 - Problems running as Admin

Unanswered Question
Feb 8th, 2010

Hi there,

Installed a new version of SWVMS 1.2.1 and went through the initial prompts to enter new password. Loaded the tool, setup the cameras - then prompted me to change to Admin settings, in order to connect to cameras.

I noticed this error did not appear in 1.2.0.

Anyways, played around quite a lot with the settings, within XP (confirmed I AM administrator) - but some reason its not recognizing the credentials.

Also, tried to uninstall and reinstall app - but some registry files seem to stay there - and recognize old password and settings. Does anyone know where these are?

Any help is appreciated.

Zeeshan

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jestowe Tue, 02/09/2010 - 15:27

The monitoring software comes with a password reset tool; called RegEx.exe within the program directory in which it is installed.  Once you run the executeable, you have the choice to reset all configuration settings or just Invalidate the password.

Thanks.

Jeff.

znajmudd Tue, 02/09/2010 - 18:58

Thanks Jeff. That finally worked!

I then ran into another problem - system would give me an error when inputting dyndns url. just would not accept it. So then added the internal LAN IP addresses, tested all the camera's, saved, exited the system. restarted the system, edited all the cameras with dyndns url - and poof! it worked!

Seems that there may be a bug in v1.2.1 - as it seems it wants to see the local IP on the camera when it first connects using SWVMS16, once you edit and add dyndns url - it seems to accept that change later on.

Zeeshan

Actions

This Discussion